2020 Hurling and Football Club Championships

What would the population of Templenoe be?

Cant be much, they only field one team.

Boden is a tough draw… Still a lot of know how there… Curtailing keaney will be key…

1 Like

He’s a great man. Still flying in both codes.

2 Likes

He’ll never be replaced as a player or a leader… Once in a lifetime player. From the little bits I’ve seen of them think boden defence can be got at…haven’t seen any of Na fianna… You get the feeling this fixture will be very common over next few years at business end of champo in both codes…

2 Likes

Few hundred apparently. Spillane reckons they are one of the only clubs in the country with no primary school to draw from. You’d hardly know you’ve passed through it. It’s a remarkable feat. However Spillane also says the club will be lucky to be alive in 15 years and this is just a miracle crop that came along together.

Yeah think I heard that they have a population of around 350 people or slightly more. Does Pat Spillane’s son play for them?

Pat has always been able to manage the tricky feat of boasting and playing the poor mouth at the same time.

6 Likes

Theres two Spillanes. They’ve Tadhg Morely and Gavin Crowley too.

I couldn’t see Na Fianna beating Cuala.

They’re nephews of Pats though. Didn’t see Pat’s sons name on the panel at all which was a surprise.

I think Pats son plays for a team in Dublin these days.

Judes I think.

1 Like

Brian Crowley is Gavins twin and on Kerry 21 panels also. Tom Spillane and current senior manager John Rice have been driving forces behind their underage plus the fact they had a golden crop of players currently aged 23-26.

To have players of the quality of the Spillanes, Gavin Crowley and Morley from that size of a population is incredible really.

2 Likes

You’d wonder how they lost to Ougherard

I wouldn’t be so sure. If Con is still out, they have a right chance. Interesting that both clubs are also into the Senior B hurling semi finals too.

To have 4 players who started in the AI Replay is unbelievable. Makes for one of the great all time club stories.

Nearly 1% of their population playing for Kerry in the All Ireland

And Crokes as well. Not a great sign to have three second teams in the semi finals.

1 Like

Did they have their own underage team then or were they joined up with other local clubs? Must have had a bit of success with the current crop on their way up.

I know the current underage sides would be Templenoe/Sneem/Derrynane. Maybe that was the case with the 4 lads, as they each are either 24/25 so would have played together underage probably. Templenoe itself wouldn’t be even close to fielding any sort of underage side on their own