2020 Hurling and Football Club Championships

Not too sure it was that big a shock Julio. Tony Brosnan was out for Crokes and he is theor ace forward, Crokes have had a fair turnover of players that last 2 seasons , rebuilding really but still a force while doing so

yeah a classic match by all accounts

Who would mid Kerry have?

Hurling is strong in North Kerry, it is expanding into other areas of kerry that needs the push. I think the GAA were supportive of the Tralee Parnells project at the beginning. Now a vibrant juvenile club that has taken foothold in Tralee and a solid interemediate adult team contesting that final v Dr Crokes Killarney next sunday. Crokes in fairness promote hurling. Money needs to be thrown at the towns in kerry for hurling, north kerry clubs are all rural, need to hit the population centres.

However, money alone wont do it, football and soccer are just so popular

1 Like

You would out together a decent side out of Laune Rangers, Milltown\Castlemaine, Beaufort, Keel, Glenbeigh\Glencar, Cromane

Peter Crowley and Darren O’Sulivan the biggest names, Mike Breen and Liam Carey were super players on All Ireland minor winning teams , must be 22 or so now, not a team of super stars by any means though

I would classify it as a surprise rather than a shock result. Brosnan was on fire for Crokes , once he was out, things levelled out

Darran

of course

The glens will be the stronghold for a very long time but Belfast clubs being in the mix will improve both the championship and the county side. In a sort of related matter, Carryduff have just qualified for their first ever senior final in the Down football championship.

His father is a Loughmore Castleiney man.

Darragh Stapleton and Barry Murphy of Doon also have Loughmore Castleiney blood and would be distant relatives of his. A small parish making a big footprint

1 Like

In both senior finals in Tipp also after today. Some club is right

Boden will do the double yet :eyes:

Not a hope of winning the hurling. Cuala will put 10 pts on them imho

Is Darragh O Connell still hurling for Cuala ??

He is

1 Like

The 30 second clip of Cuala’s goal last week tells you all you need to know about their quality.

David Treacy plays a low ball into Con, who’s out in front, controls and lays it off to Sean Moran running through who finishes it. Simple, yet very, very effective.

Its a travesty there’s no All Ireland Club.
Cuala, Ballyhale and Na Piarsaigh all look set to win their Championships and Ballygunner already have.

Give me games between those teams this winter any day over Dublin v Kilkenny in an empty Parnell Park.

6 Likes

Cuala are probably on the slide but will still have enough to beat Boden. I think ballyhale would take them.

I’m looking forward to the inter county all the same. The knockout format will add a bit of spice

Fuckin hell boylan covered some distance for that.
6 Likes

Classy finish

How was the patrickswell lad sent off? Looked a joke.

The senior inter county championship could become fairly boring now you are playing every team in your province every year.

Would have seemed that way initially but Leinster was very exciting last year with all the permutations. A strong Waterford will make Munster very interesting too.