2020 Hurling and Football Club Championships

:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Most of them play club football so I don’t see why they wouldn’t. Naturally some players take football more seriously than others and same for different clubs too, but I don’t think there’ll be a veto or withdrawal or whatever. I could have egg on my face, but Davy drives people absolutely demented at times. On many occasions, it’s their own warped anger at something that hasn’t even happened or hasn’t anything to do with him.

1 Like

I’ve changed my mind on this. I didn’t realise the cut off for club championships was October. Those midweek games should be changed to weekends

It would be farcical to have clubs playing three matches in a week, or four matches in 12 days if you’ve a quarter final.

A game a week for six or seven weeks on the trot is tough but fair enough given these unusual circumstances but it’s a piss take to have your year done and dusted in 7 days, with three matches shoehorned in.

1 Like

How is game a week for 7 weeks tough?

1 Like

Isn’t this what clubs wanted? playing games closer together rather than the normal playing a couple of games in April then nothing till September after the all Irelands. Lads just training away playing friendlies or the odd league game.

Yes mate, they wanted games closer than 4 months apart but further apart than 3 days

7 Likes

It’s a strange gaa truism alright. Amateur soccer and rugby players might play 30 plus weeks in a row no bother.

1 Like

Taz has never been to a Club game in his life, lay off

1 Like

Is he a Dublin supporter? 99.9% of them have never been to a club game.

70% of ticket sales for Dublin matches are sold by Dublin clubs to their members.

Serious? Would never have thought that.

I’d say Leo’s been to more than him

Yeah. Non club members find it very difficult to get tickets for sell out matches, though there have not been too many of them in recent years

What’s the total number of GAA clubs in Dublin, roughly, pal?

Obviously it’s probably distorted by the super clubs like Cuala, Ballyboden and Kilmacud who probably have thousands of members.

Marty had a piece on the news last night about Ballysaggart in Waterford. It was stated they’ve only 60 members. How a club survives with numbers like that is astonishing.

I am a member of a club which would be classed as on the small side of medium by Dublin standards. It has the bones of a thousand paid up members.

There are over 200 clubs of varying sizes.

There is actually only 90 clubs in Dublin. They would range from tiny clubs like Rosmini and Starlights with less than 100 members to massive clubs like Crokes, Boden etc.

What would a cunt like you know? Ya dope. Typical roaster dope.

I’m hearing a significant amount of refs in some counties are saying they are not willing to referee games this year.

f3e