2020 Hurling and Football Club Championships

Why are the GAA clubs in general against giving money to lads from their own club as coaches?

It makes sense a fella would go away and get a few bob per session when his own club would give him fuck all

Why wouldn’t the secretary get a few bob for organising everything during the year?
Why don’t they give the lad over the minor team a few quid?

I’d say a lot clubs might give the local fella some sort of token at the end of the year if he took over the senior team, but it certainly wouldn’t or shouldn’t be a given.

3 Likes

If Carey couldn’t get a few bob off the Well the rest of em haven’t much hope

So that’s why lads go on the carousel you mentioned

I know that, but it shouldn’t be an industry.

A Junior A manager in Limerick was getting 200 euro a night :grimacing:

Carey was the only local from the Well ever to try and get money from them, plenty better than him did it for nothing, the hungry cunt.

They’ll have to stop paying full stop though. Where theres blood theres sharks

:dizzy_face:

What club?

D/B knocked them out in the Quarter Final

1 Like

Prophet and own land comes to mind

It’s not the full story either. They also gave a lad with him 50 quid a night. A lad for putting out the cones is what id describe him as! The coach has a courier business so any evening that he wouldn’t be finished for training they’d give him a driver so he could go training.

I heard that too but I wasn’t sure if that was a wind up :rofl::rofl:

That can’t be true :smiley: that’s NAP levels of dough

The All Ireland Junior B championship they run every year would pay for it! So they’ll be back to their own next year!

A local manager should be given a voucher for a weekend away with the wife at the end of the year.

1 Like

Anybody that takes money off a gaa club for anything should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

2 Likes

Up to Heuston Station on the train.

7 Likes

If I win the local lotto with gaa club should I leave it after me?

I would.