2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

They’re amateurs. They work, have families, have girlfriends or wives who work

12 of the Spanish national team contracted Covid weeks before the Euros too.

Fuck them if that’s the case.

And they were all fine to play after

Yeah, they all caught in a pub. :rollseyes:

The 4 lads must have caught it in a pub before the Ulster final.

1 Like

Yes. All Tyrone are looking for is another week. Spain called up additional 15 players when this outbreak was announced.

You would have to be sceptical though :smirk:

5 Likes

I think Tyrone are gamming on here. Unless they are a statistical anomaly most if not all the 17 will have had little or no symptoms. I hope the gaa call their bluff

2 Likes

The semi should be put back to the Wednesday night 10 days before the final.

That would be some occasion.

2 Likes

A proper European night. Ireland v UK.

5 Likes

The issue is they can’t train.

They will go into a semi final with no idea on who has or has not been impacted by it. Some will, some won’t. This is why they wanted the extra week, those players are not cleared to train until late in the week and there is no way to properly assess their fitness.

That’s the issue here. The extra week would allow them to monitor whose fitness levels are good and whose aren’t.

Would you like to pick a squad of 26 with 17 players who have hamstring strains?

What? Players don’t lose their fitness in 10 days mate

With a virus they will. Colds and flus will adversely impact you for weeks after. It’s clear you’ve never been involved in any sport or athletic pursuit in your life.

I’m sure anyone clued in to the situation knows exactly what happened here. And you can be sure the GAA do as well by now.

The Pandemic Paisley has suddenly turned into somebody who panics about Long Covid. Amazing what can happen. :grinning:

2 Likes

Expand on that please.

If they had taken the first cases seriously and adhered to guidelines it wouldn’t have got to this. Fellas living with positive cases and training away

They can train. They just can’t all train together. Its far from ideal but dublin Hurlers had to suck it up and get on with it. Tyrone should do the same. Instead they are trying to bully croke park into giving them another week. I hope croke park acknowledges the Tyrone statement and move on without them.

2 Likes

Yes I have and I’ve played plenty of games with colds in my life. Ye are very soft up there all of a sudden

1 Like

@BruidheanChaorthainn has said it there.

There was cases in squad around time of Ulster final and there wasn’t a word about it

What are those guidelines?

AFAIK the GAA have no mandatory rules of team testing for Covid. Maybe if they financed this for intercounty panels like is the case with professional sports teams where they are tested at every training session then it could have been controlled much better.