2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

They can train. They just can’t all train together. Its far from ideal but dublin Hurlers had to suck it up and get on with it. Tyrone should do the same. Instead they are trying to bully croke park into giving them another week. I hope croke park acknowledges the Tyrone statement and move on without them.

2 Likes

Yes I have and I’ve played plenty of games with colds in my life. Ye are very soft up there all of a sudden

1 Like

@BruidheanChaorthainn has said it there.

There was cases in squad around time of Ulster final and there wasn’t a word about it

What are those guidelines?

AFAIK the GAA have no mandatory rules of team testing for Covid. Maybe if they financed this for intercounty panels like is the case with professional sports teams where they are tested at every training session then it could have been controlled much better.

There was word of it.

Brian McGuigan played the 2003 All-Ireland with a flu and scored a point. Brian Whelehan played the 1998 All-Ireland hurling final with the flu and got Man Of The Match.

And this is only a flu, we know because Fluvio has continually told us.

Tyrone lads are gone awful soft.

That aspect of it is hilarious

Is it known if any/many of the squad were vaccinated?

tell that to Brian Whelehan, he played with the damn flu

Sliding doors: Brian Whelahan’s flu game for Offaly in 1998 All-Ireland | OurGame

Do pro atheltes want to be getting a vaccination in the middle of Championship season.

25-29 year olds are generally getting their second jabs over the past number of weeks in the north.

I’d say most intercounty panels remaining either pulled strokes to get their panels vaccinated prior to this by skipping the queue or these lads have put off their vaccines until their season has been included. There’s some players fully vaccinated that have tested positive btw.

There’s one panel member who is a diabetic and was vaccinated back in March who tested positive.

They are publically available have a read of them there.

What?

How come every other county can manage it?

Would you pick 17 panel members in a matchday squad of 26 who have recently had the flu and who haven’t trained in the past fortnight before the game?

Its clearly an attempt to put pressure on by Tyrone. Of 17 fit young people getting it maybe 2 or 3 would have anything more than mild symptoms. Loads of sportspeople have gone straight back into top level sport after having Covid

1 Like

They haven’t.

Fermanagh had 12 players test positive last year.

Offaly, Mayo, Cork, Sligo etc.

Michael Jordan played the game of his life with a flu

3 Likes

Being vaccinated has absolutely zero bearing on whether you test positive or not.

Living with someone you know is covid positive and not isolating yourself is a recipe for disaster in a team setting

COVID could strike any panel, but how the heck have Tyrone got so heavily hit?

training outdoors, playing matches etc hasnt lead to transmission in the gaa panels generally

Half a panel though.

Would you pick 17 players in a matchday squad who you have question marks over their fitness? Yes or no.

In differing quantities across each.

The only other team to give a walkover was Sligo and that was for a match where they would be likely hammered.