2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

I think the problem with bringing in a load of club players to fulfil the fixture is that most of the 17 would know there’s fuck all wrong with them and insist that they play and then their cover would be blown

2 Likes

The fella that’s never even played a club game? I can’t believe that

1 Like

No he doesn’t.

He only has it with whatever number of players are training.

Tyrone have half their panel ruled out from training with illness at present and insufficient time to test their players before the game with Kerry.

Tyrone never fear Kerry …

The fella that won a Bob Radcliffe, not the fat arse who has to stick to an old man’s pastime.

Forfeit the game then.

That’s what they’ve done.

I think they should have drafted other players in and fulfilled it though but it’s impossible to expect the 17 impacted players to take part.

The Bob Radcliffe Cup medal must have been won back in the 70s if he thinks there’s no way to reliably determine players’ fitness without a full training session in 2021

3 Likes

They went on the piss after the ulster final.

1 Like

In fairness I wouldn’t blame them for that

There’s not.

You’ve clearly no experience of sport. You can’t test a person’s stamina effectively a few days before a game, when it’s 17 players forget about it, to have that answer would involve flogging them a matter of days before a game.

An hour on an incline treadmill with one of those oxygen mask thingys to measure breathing and capacity would box that off

At high intensity or do you just want them out jogging about chasing shadows?

A bit silly though as they’d covid issues in the squad and were all obviously going to be tested.

John Horan speaking in November 2020 about Sligo having to withdraw from Connacht semi final. Legally HQ are on shaky ground here. The rules allow for provincial councils to nominate an all Ireland series participant if they have not completed their provincial championship by a certain date. Obviously here the Ulster final is done so why should it be Monaghan that gets the nod? Why not Donegal, Derry etc? Legal eagles across the province will be rubbing their hands including perhaps one very well known QC from Derry…

Alternating intensity i believe those tests are done at. To test recovery too.

Like Tyrone you’re refusing to listen to alternatives and are bedded in to quitting. It must be congenital up there

Wow. And you a public health expert for the last 18 months

1 Like

But those tests are judgements. They are not certainties. The only way you test certainty is 70 minutes at high intensity. These are a suitable basis when it’s one, two or three players - not when it’s half the panel.

Brian dooher has just confirmed all 17 were affected.

Who would? But you face the consequences then