2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

That’s a pretty shite post in fairness.

9 Likes

Bump

1 Like

Was it him that got a foot to it on the end line to set up a point. That was unrale.

1 Like

I would generally call bad decision-making playing poorly. Because it’s usually a thing that gets worse as pressure comes on. Fair play to them, they turned it around.

They did defend well in the first half but were turning the ball over so cheaply.

Horan hooking AOS was the winning of that game
One of the greatest in game calls in recent Gah history

14 Likes

Possibly.

I said it about Conroy last year, he’s some prospect. He will scare the wits out of any defender in a one on one.

Mayo get so many of these really strong, powerful runners. You look at the likes of Durcan, Keegan over the years, Boyle, McLoughlin, Conroy, Ruane. It’s incredible the number of them they produce.

Thanks for the memories Dublin.

We’ll remember the good times.

2 Likes

It was indeed. It’ll go down as his finest ever contribution in a Mayo jersey

Kerry produce forwards.
Mayo produce backs.

“You come down here, you plan and put in the effort and you get a referee like that,” he said.

“All you have to do and look at the pattern of frees - a six-point turnaround. A penalty could have seen us bring the game down to a point, instead the play went up the other end and they got a goal.

“Having said that we accept level responsibility ourselves. You can’t always in a match blame the referee. We kicked some chances wide in the second half.

“At the end of the day, games should be decided by players and not by referees."

“I’ve had to step down. Everything in the GAA has moved on in the last 20 years, except for the standard of refereeing.

“Maybe I’ll be seen as totally biased, but I thought it was one of the worst refereeing displays I have seen in my life.

“The black card was absolutely another crazy decision. These guys are accountable to nobody, yet everything in the GAA is designed to improve things. The standard of refereeing is just getting worse over the years."

This didn’t age well

1 Like

About as much class as your team had today.

2 Likes

Derry were rode sideways that day

1 Like

Delighted for Mayo. Was down near Westport a couple of weeks ago for a week. Good people and the flags out everywhere, i hope they go on and do it but they wont.

Did Mayo have a plan to contain Dublin in the first half and bring on a bit of pace in the second and press up on Dublin or did it just happen like that ? Mayo had two bad AoS wides in the first half and missed a 13m free so it should have been closer at half time. If they were only a point or two down at half time would they have had the balls to go after Dublin the way they did when the game looked dead and buried?

I’m trying to think where was the turning point was? I think Dublin were awful in the second half from a position of strength.

I’ve already congratulated any fella from Mayo I know. Actual decent Mayo lads I play Gaa amongst them. Genuinely delighted for them. The muldoons on here are hilarious. You spent the entire match shrieking like a banshee. I’d be embarrassed if I was you.

2 Likes

Undoubtedly

1 Like

Who’s more rattled

• Juhy
  • James McCarthy

0 voters

Taking off AoS in fairness. Statement of intent that winning the match was more important than pandering to a big personality.

6 Likes