2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

any chance I wonder? his brother plays for the hurlers, must be a chance

I do indeed.

1 Like

Not a hope.

Mayo were a rare refereeing decision to retake a free away from going out. Small margins

3 Likes

Yes in ways it reminded me of the 2007 hurling qf when referee Brian Gavin gave Waterford a free after Donal Og Cusack fell on the ball in the last play of the game when the convention up to that point had been to throw in the ball in those circumstances. Probably not outside the laws of the game but an unusual application of the rules.

1 Like

yes, he was sent off. made mistakes v kerry and mayo in big matches but dublin were so good out the field they didnt cost them the match , the sending off was prior to 2011 , lost that one alright. I am not trying to knock him but people need to remember Cluxton made the odd mistake too when assessing Comerford

Comerford did well tonight

1 Like

aah maybe time was up anyway and he was moving on

sure maybe he might think I have a good few footie medals, lets chase a hurling? you seem fairly certain

I was at that game. A classic where Waterford stormed back. Was that the game with the famous Ken McGrath catch? I think it was either that one or the replay.

I think that might have been 2006 v Cork in the semi final.

1 Like

As the light declines weā€™ll remember Dublin city in the rare auld Times

6 Likes

Any more hilarious anectodes for us?

Yeah tis all Innisfails fault.

Look Iā€™d be fairly close to some of those Dublin boys and was particularly close to a good chunk of them circa 2017 to 2020, but life moves on.

To be honest I think losing is the best thing that could of happened a certain cohort but I will forever remember the good times with some of those boys messing around with Sam and where nights out had an unbelievable sense of adventure.

Nightā€™s where I really felt alive.

12 Likes

AIF score predictions

kerry 04-17
Mayo 03-06

Lookit it ye were magnificent champions, bored the shite outta all of us and went down like true Dublin knackers.
No more about it, beautiful

3 Likes

Maloney did the '05 matches against Tyrone and the '01 matches against Kerry. Possibly '03 v Armagh as well?

Just watched the whole thing back. Lane was as bad as I thought and Uncle Tom McStay was even worse, fuck them and RTE.

Look at the score and time as DOC karate kicks the ball back out to Kev Mc. Dublin with a 5 point lead and less than 8 mins of normal time, youā€™d bet your life on them seeing it out from there. Byrne had a complete meltdown.

15 Likes

Know the game.

On paper Dublin were the much better team. But games arenā€™t played on paper. It was obvious from the previous games something was seriously up with Dublin. Second half fade outs have been a pattern going back to the Kerry league game. Yet they were only a kick of the ball away from putting it to bed late in the first half.

It was a terrible game that became an epic like Donegal v Kildare in '11 and Cork v Kilkenny last Sunday.

Final defeat number 11 coming up for mayo. I hope iā€™m proved wrong.

3 Likes

Any word on McLoughlin? Mayo will need both himself and Mullin back the next day.

Hopefully itā€™s just a concussion and thereā€™s nothing broken or anything more serious.