2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

A full root and branch review into Dublin GAA is needed.

John Costello’s position must be untenable.

If you divided up the current panel by administrative area you’d have
Dublin City Council 14
DLRCC 6
South Dublin 5
Fingal 1.

Cahair O’Kane had a good piece on the GAA last week in Ulster and how it does in terms of urban areas.

Basically GAA is only a preserve for muldoons.

They are very well represented in other sports

1 Like

That’s just not true. They nearly all have at least one culchie parent

6 Likes

I’d say in the time I’ve stopped playing the club that’s fallen back the most in both codes is Erin’s Isle and the club that has come in the most is Raheny. Raheny is extraordinary considering they play on council pitches.

Who’d have been from the Brunner?

In last few years Murchan is a belvo boy , Macauley , cian o Sullivan blackrock , presume Con o Callaghan is colaiste eoin …fitzsimons cbc monkstown…

And they are pretty woeful pitches, especially compared to Clontarf’s a few hundred yards away in the same park.

:joy::joy::joy::joy: Fucking hell the state of that article

1 Like

Isles went downhill quick enough after all Ireland final appearance in ‘98

Same with Thomas Davis, they went downhill pretty fast in the 90’s

Anyone who hurled with Eoghan Ruadh. Off the top of my head Joey Towell and Sean Og O Ceallachain.

1 Like

Davis only really had the one group of players I think … won 3 in a row I think around start of the 90s … Think they’ve made progress with hurling

I suppose the wrestling took over in Finglas. Sheamus is a former Erin’s Isle stalwart.

5 Likes

They were always shit at the hurling. Yep the early 90’s they were top of the heap. Use to be always them or Crokes in the final.

1 Like

I would say clubs in working class areas are heavily dependent on a particular generation of volunteers, and a very small number of key individuals, to a much greater extent than clubs in middle class areas are, because there’s a drop out culture. Like if Paddy Christie hadn’t done what he did with Ballymun where would they be.

For an area of its size Lucan has made a very underwhelming contribution to the Dublin football team over the years. Perhaps I’m missing somebody obvious but Jack Sheedy is the only Lucan man I can think of who has made a significant contribution over the years. I suppose they have contributed more so to the hurlers.

Isles are coming back strong again at under age in both codes. A lot of work done at juvenile level in recent years.

2 Likes

I’d say Ballymun wouldn’t be far off where they are to be honest.

Paul Casey while limited was a mainstay under Caffrey. Stephen O’Shaughenessy was going well but suffered some bad injuries. Thomas Davis made championship final two years ago and are flying underage. Have loads on u20 and minor teams.