2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

@Cicero_Dandi never gave or took a shoulder in his life, exactly like @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy

Don’t be entertaining fantasists

2 Likes

What would you know about it tubby?

We were watching a very different tackle so, it was a red for me in real time and it’s unquestionably a red in every viewing after. It’s mental to suggest it mightn’t be.

2 Likes

The key for me is McLoughlin merely just caught the ball in a fairly static position, he wasn’t running with it, he didn’t change direction. If he had been running or if he changed direction you could maybe give Small some leeway and say it was mistimed or misjudged as the opponent was a moving target and it could be a legitimate shoulder to shoulder attempt that was timed wrong.

But it wasn’t in this case, McLoughlin collected the ball in a fairly static position with his chest facing Small and Small did him.

You don’t have a notion

2 Likes

Is he still on the go? He was a referee in my day. A pretty poor one. I’m fairly sure he was ultimately the man who hustled Jimmy Cooney off the pitch in 1998 when Jimmy was having doubts about what he had just done.

I know full well, unlike you.

You never played the game. You’re normally adamant about disclosure of the truth in these instances.

A fair man to write an essay though :smiley:

2 Likes

I don’t think he’s meant it, he’s tried to go shoulder to shoulder, a terrible accident,

1 Like

I haveplayed the game. Unlike you I was a talented sportsperson and athlete so when I was forced into a decision I concentrated on something more technical and cerebral which is why I have prestigious medals in my possession and you haul your lardass around a field with a few pensioners.

2 Likes

Ah bless. Semi-pro :rofl:

1 Like

He is.

He does be under awful pressure filling out the bits of paper for the substitutions at games.

No way. He wasn’t shoulder to shoulder and he went in over the top of him. It was the type of shoulder that even if it was a perfectly shoulder to shoulder he clearly meant to do as much damage with it as he possibly could. And it wasn’t perfectly shoulder to shoulder.

I honestly don’t see how anyone could think it was ok. Especially given the outcome. Fair shoulders rarely produce broken jaws.

2 Likes

Well obviously it didn’t turn out to be shoulder to shoulder but to suggest that he tried to do serious damage to the lad is a bit much.
I think it’s an accident, a very hard challenge that went badly wrong

5 Likes

Do you think lads are trying to tickle fellas when they give a shoulder?

1 Like

On the John Small hit, its time to have a serious look at the whole ‘shoulder to shoulder’ tackle.

Small was lauded for a big hit on Keaney in last years County final and so was James McCarthy on Nathan Mullins a few years ago (think Mullins was concussed after it).

When it goes even slightly wrong, it puts players at risk of serious, serious injury. You don’t want collisions like any of the above examples on a field.

3 Likes

I don’t, no. But then legal shoulder charges don’t break peoples’ jaws. This one was an illegal one and deserved a red card.

You’re conflating the result with the intent.

I agree it was a red btw

It doesn’t really matter if you think it was an accident, the onus is on the person tackling to get it right. You can’t be have apes charging people into the jaw left right and centre by accident because they’re not very good at it.

It’s incredibly dangerous play and a red all day. I can’t believe some people think it’s even up for debate.

I don’t think I am. The intent is irrelevant. At least we’re in agreement it was a red.