2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

Imagine if Philly McMahon had run onto the pitch on Sat as a sub to get involved in a scrap - can you imagine the moralising going on then :joy: :joy: :joy:

11 Likes

Spot on

Did it clarify it because Iā€™ve seen a couple of newspaper reports saying that it was because a Mayo player being subbed off hadnā€™t left the field while stuff online suggested it was a Dublin player shouting?

Philly gets a hard time. Certain players reputation goes before them.

What was the Howard incident? I donā€™t recall it.

What if they spotted a headbutt should they call the refs attention to that

2 Likes

AOS should be banned for that. Lane had lost the run of the game by then. He had zero control on proceedings

Why would anyone haul a guard around a golf course :thinking:

He certainly plays on the edge and has overstepped it. Heā€™s exactly the type of player that other teams supporters hate. The notion that heā€™s unusual in a GAA context is fairly laughable though.

Thereā€™s a definite classism issue to some of the comments about Dublin too. Words like ā€œscumā€ and ā€œknackerā€ etc etc. Itā€™s fascinating to watch.

5 Likes

I did until the last five minutes or so.

Thatā€™s for sure anyway

Hopefully Conor Lane will be Cormac Reillyā€™d now.

McIver said it best here.

ā€œThe black card was absolutely another crazy decision. These guys are accountable to nobody, yet everything in the GAA is designed to improve things. The standard of refereeing is just getting worse over the years."

Not when youā€™ve a linesman already saying - nothing in it. But if itā€™s clear and obvious, yes.

That language is nasty and should be reserved for Tipperary players

It showed clearly that there was an extra Mayo player on the pitch when the first kick was taken.

It even counted them out.

The linesman on Sunday saw nothing in the Small challenge.

2 Likes

Just to confirm from what Iā€™ve read over the last couple of days - the ā€œmissedā€ black card wasnā€™t actually a black card offence?

1 Like

Imagine Dublin got a free retaken due to their own transgression of the rules.

It would fuel a narrative that refs favour Dublin.

Thanks.

It wouldnā€™t from me.

And a strange thing to say, it clearly should had been retaken.