2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

Sorry.

Thatā€™s Brian McIver talking about Lane around 5 years ago. I was making reference to his general comment about the atrocious standard of GAA refereeing across the board.

Youā€™re playing the victim here as a Dub ā€œsupporterā€ and do they exact same thing you claim is happening to you with Limerick hurlers.

I say ā€œsupporterā€ because you can change like the wind

I think Lane was reacting N-1. Something happened heā€™d let it go, next incident pulled when it shouldnā€™t because of the previous missed one. And that just continued. It was the worst refereeing performance ever

Its interesting as there is a similar debate about refereeing in rugby at the moment (and probably parallels with soccer in EPL etc).

I wonder with the increased use of social media, slowed down clips etc etc that the job has become near on impossible and the ideal that there wonā€™t be wrong calls in a game is unachievable.

1 Like

So what was Mayos punishment for transgression ? Retake a free they had missed ? Very oddā€¦

2 Likes

Philly was the first man to come out and congratulate Mayo on their win.

I believe heā€™s getting his own TV Show this winter.

That can cause a lot of frustration from players etc too.

The most dangerous games Iā€™ve ever played in are when the ref has lost the run of the game. Players sense it and use it

I think the biggest problem with the GAA is as McIver pointed out. No accountability. Itā€™s not as if this is a first one for Lane, he has had many games like this so how is he still getting the big games. I think Kev said that he had big connections to Cork GAA hierarchy.

1 Like

Lads hunting each other around a pitch. Weā€™ve all played in them :laughing:

1 Like

Gas. We had a fortnight here with the cork hurlers reputations being dragged through the mud as divers because they coukdnt stomach the manly hurling from Limerick. Now the same lads want the Dubs thrown out of the organisation

5 Likes

Exactlyā€¦ it happened so quick also and it would depend on your viewā€¦ thatā€™s where maybe thereā€™s room for a tmoā€¦ Whereas in the Limerick game the linesman saw it.

Donā€™t paint us all, you cark cuntā€¦

I donā€™t think there was any scope to do differently.

Anyway - Mayo deserved to win.

Did they say the linesman was shouting at Hennelly not to take it?

Ah youā€™d almost be impressed the way some lads will blow this way and that with the wind either enjoying or oblivious to their own hypocrisy.

Iā€™d also note that GAA is the only sport where you regularly hear commentators etc regularly referring to ā€œmanlinessā€ whatever the hell that is - itā€™s a bit weird at times how its fetishised

3 Likes

Lane seemed to be walking towards him telling him not to take it. If you watch it from behind.

1 Like

Has anyone noted how far wide he hit the first attempt?? It was about 20 yards wideā€¦

1 Like

Yeah thought they mentioned that on TSG alright

Given how accurate he had been in the match something must have knocked his concentration.