2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

They did and hats off to them ā€¦just highlighting how if Dublin had got same opportunity In similar circumstances with a retake there would have been war ā€¦ Joe Duffy would have been off the hook ā€¦

He then hit it to the far post ā€¦ About a 25 yard correct :smiley:

I was just behind the goal for the 45s at the end. IIRC there were Mayo men rolling around on the ground claiming frees in the run-up to it. When it was retaken I thought that was the reason. I also thought that it might have been retaken for encoachment. It seemed that he shouldnā€™t have taken it in the first place.

Basically I donā€™t know why it was retaken but there was plenty going on that might have justified it.

1 Like

Sure the Diarmuid Oā€™Connor leg stretch keep the ball in effort was from a Hennelly kick too and that was nowhere near the post

3 Likes

He really learnt from it as he went total opposite side for second one

1 Like

I thought initially it was due to McMahon but in the case it would have been brought it.

Although it was 45 so can you bring that in?

Christ who knows anymore.

1 Like

Sure they won the game (fair and square with no complaints) and thereā€™s been 3 days of purple-faced outrage at this stage :joy:

2 Likes

Maybe it was like the JFK magic bullet and the fair shoulder to shoulder exploded up out of McLaughlins jaw and hit the ref and a few players also?

How many times do you need me to post that I think that Gillane should have gotten a red, you oddball?

You called John Small filth. Is Gillane filth?

Gillane is an idiot. That was a petulant strike from him, idiotic. Small assaulted another player shortly after doing McLaughlin, filth. And the hit was filth.

1 Like

Smallā€™s hit is actually a lot more justifiable than Gillaneā€™s. Small was going for a shoulder, Gillane was swinging a hurley at Barrettā€™s legs.

But Gillane is an ā€œidiotā€ and Small is ā€œfilthā€

1 Like

Small went to hurt a player and he did, badly. About five minutes later he assaulted another player. A scumbag.

Sure youā€™d ex hurlers basically saying the game doesnā€™t need a ref because itā€™s so manly.

Itā€™s the only sport I follow where people moan at the ref for applying the rules and not giving out about the players for lack of discipline.

3 Likes

What ever about the arguments of he tried to do him ā€¦ Youā€™d be livid as a manager if he didnt put a hit on him there. It was an awful pass, about a second too late and he left his man open for the hit and Small had to go for itā€¦ the execution is a different story.

3 Likes

Is Gillane a scumbag? Or is he alright because heā€™s from Limerick?

He didnā€™t mean it because he lacks intelligence, heā€™s an idiot as opposed to a scumbag

I think thatā€™s the Glas take anyway

1 Like

I think heā€™s an idiot. I canā€™t think of an incident where he has attempted to really hurt a player, so no I donā€™t think heā€™s filth. Heā€™s lashed out with the hurley and merited a red prominently twice in my memory. Not extremely dangerous strikes in my view but deserved reds both. Heā€™ll cost us a game some day.

I doubt heā€™ll break someoneā€™s jaw in two places and then try to assault another lad five minutes later in the same game but perhaps Iā€™m wrong.

Conor Gleeson dragged through the mire because he was a victim of a headbutt.

3 Likes

So lashing out with a hurley is not an attempt to injure a player?

1 Like