2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

I’ve seen it plenty of times …I’m not saying it’s right , I’m just saying it’s not unique to Small…

1 Like

TBH calm down, it was a bad foul but you see absolutely mad stuff on GAA pitches. Lads sprinting across the pitch to punch other players in the face going at full sprint, etc. It could happen in any match. You see far worse than John Small and I’ve seen far worse from Monaghan and every other county.

I was just thinking of Ewan MacKenna being from Kildare and calling the Dubs knackers. I remember talking to an old county player from Kildare telling me about a Kildare club match he was at once where there was a full pitch invasion and a riot, and some little old lady swinging around a handbag full of stones like it was a mace.

1 Like

Would you say committing another red card offence a few minutes later in the same game is unusual?

I’m fairly calm I’m just calling it as I see it.

It isn’t a contradiction. The hit was there to be made and had to be made. In fact you could strongly argue that wasn’t even mistimed at all because the initial contact was shoulder to shoulder. The force of the shoulder to shoulder hit carried Small’s shoulder off tge side of McLoughlin’s shoulder into McLaughlin’s jaw.

It’s very unfortunate for McLaughlin but these things sometimes happen in football.

Kevin McStay is from Mayo, is one of the best analysts in the game and after three or four looks at it still thought it was a fair hit.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Gobshite.

John Small punched Ryan O’Donoghue in the incident where Byrne conceded the 45.

1 Like

So there’s me having looked at the incident numerous times and explained to you clearly what happened.

And there’s you with a load of smilies and a total inability to accept that Limerick players have committed far worse assaults on opponents this summer than anything Small did.

Gaelic football at the top level is meant to be brutal in a physical sense. Always has been, hopefully always will be. And that means players will sometimes get injured. And why players like Small who relish physical, hard football, will always be valued.

1 Like

Your point is assault is allowed if its football and Dublin but not if its hurling and Limerick?

That seems to be the theme here

Glas is on full tilt and tying himself up in knots. It’s fascinating to watch really.

3 Likes

You’re posts on the incident have been laughable from the get go.

Small didn’t assault anybody. He made an honest attempt at a legitimate hit that worked out badly for his opponent. That’s the game.

Gillane struck an opponent with the hurley deliberately.

Casey aimed a headbutt.

At least one player in a major field sport has seen prison time for doing the latter.

Fucking hell

Point out what exactly is inaccurate about my post, so.

Nah - Fagan’s cuter than that. More like Lynch on O’Donoghue in the semi-final.

A shoulder to shoulder tackle is deemed legitimate and is what Small tried to execute.

It went horribly wrong and was an obvious red card.

Shoulder to shoulder tackles need to be outlawed because they can have dismal consequences even when they are executed right as per the below from Padraic Maher. We shouldn’t be encouraging these hits. Players have gone too big and strong.

2 Likes

I couldn’t be arsed with you bud

2 Likes

And those type of players tend to be the most loved players on a team.

Boyle has been the biggest cult hero with the Mayo support over the last decade bar none.

Mick Lyons is still talked of with reverence 30 years after he retired, and not just by Meath people, but by people from other counties, like, say, Dublin, who loved to hate him when he played.

2 Likes

What are you on about here btw?