2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

I don’t envy refs having to decide in a split second if it was shoulder to shoulder. There’s the chance that it could have been shoulder to shouder and McLaughlin hit his head off the ground. They’re built like professional rugby players and can do serious damage whether intentional or not.Time to put a stop to them hits, they’re cheap shots.

Has Small gone yet?

1 Like

He’s out of the final.

There’s a fierce anti-Dublin bang off all this. Nature is healing.

Presumably this was what Small was looking to achieve. So is it this intention that turns him into “scum”/“filth”, is it the execution/outcome or is it because he’s a Dub?

1 Like

Why not accountability for players, managers and prob most importantly supporters too.

“accountability for referees” is the ultimate in GAA cop-out catchphrase.

You wouldn’t do well in the NFL fantasy leagues.

Banning the shoulder tackle would be a complete disaster.

How would you tackle a player? Run along side him and start slapping at the ball but don’t let your shoulders touch? The shoulder tackle rule is probably the clearest tackling rule in the GAA.

When it’s a hot ball and the players rut shoulders off each other like stags, waiting for the ball to be thrown in, should that be a yellow card? That’s what gaelic football is. You lads haven’t a clue, you’re the ultimate reactionaries.

1 Like

Don’t think I ever called him scum or filth. Difference between Smalls hit and O’Donoghues is there was never any chance of O’Donoghue catching the jaw of McMahon because he dropped his height a little, but he still achieved everything Small wanted to achieve

1 Like

Is John Small in jail yet lads?

Sorry - I’m not suggesting you have called him that but he’s been called similar here and elsewhere.

1 Like

I would argue that the rule needs to change not the application.

Pillar would know plenty about unsolicited shoulders. Didn’t he plough into a Mayo selector with a shoulder for having the audacity to warm up in front of the hill.

1 Like

You’ve never played or coached the game if that’s what you think.

2 Likes

The Taliban have him.

1 Like

Getting your close hand in on the ball and pressurising the opponent is a more effective means of overturning possession than shouldering. A lot of pretend hard men administer shoulders and don’t even focus on getting the ball after it.

3 Likes

Hospital ,Casey nutted him

1 Like

There’s no one near Hennelly when he strikes the first 45. So what if Philly runs across the line a second previous. He’s in glorious isolation when he decides to run up and hit. It was a farcical decision to retake.

It wasn’t going to count whether it went over the bar or wide, sure Maurice Deegan was standing beside him the whole time when he took the first kick.

3 Likes

I dont disagree, but the referee clearly tells him not to take it on his run up and automatically went for it to be retaken. I’m not sure why he did it really, it wouldnt help the freetaker to be making him wait longer. as it proved, it helped Mayo, but it wasnt like he decided on the retake after it was hit. He made a complete balls of it, much like everything else he did that day.

You think if that sailed over Lane would have disallowed it? Not a chance.

2 Likes