2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

Offaly v Kerry 1982 was a much bigger mugging off.

Missed penalty, four points down with five minutes left, two cheap frees, one nudge in the back, one sucker punch goal, no five in a row.

Meath v Dublin 1991 probably in second place in the mugging off stakes.

1 Like

Wtf this year’s semi was as ICONIC as it gets. If they win the final it becomes even ICONICer

1 Like

This Dublin team were dreadfully boring, lets just be grateful someone stopped them and move on.

1 Like

It was up there anyway.

Wasn’t it Jonny Cooper that was meant be at 6 and he nowhere to be seen as they ran through the middle about 5 times.

The fact Dublin learned and adapted so much from that one game adds to it.

I think their support will probably drop off over the next year , the M4S thing will end , sheep will be painted less and no more shite about curses

Dreadfully bad taste.

He had a bad day against Dublin alright, but he’s a better natural scorer than the alternatives such as Walsh and O’Shea. I’d give him a chance.

Sorry I had actually forgotten about the incident that happened a few weeks after.

Will edit now.

The scene is set for Kildare to become the new Mayo. They’ll be painting sheep white all over the plains over the next 15 years.

1 Like

Cork beat Kilkenny in a quarter final in 2013, not a semi final.

1 Like

The Mayo quest for “Sam” has probably being Ireland’s most fascinating obsession for over 30 years now .

It has everything - a curse , hard luck. Self inflicted defeats , bad calls by referees , west of Ireland pity , a diaspora.

Game not played yet Dan

1 Like

That’s some achievement.

1 Like

Please refer yourself to the below piece of GAA history…

1 Like

It’ll be just epic when Mayo win. I’d imagine they’ll be unaffected by victory as well. Lovable winners like Wexford in 1996. I couldn’t see them as graceless and joyless winners like Limerick.

Brian McGuigan confirming on examiner podcast that Canavan has been in for plenty of sessions with Tyrone team and particularly on free taking. Another tfk exclusive.

This is one area where Tyrone could have an edge. Lots of pressure on O’Donoghue who is not a seasoned free taker.

Hennelly can kick them but so can Morgan.

And your point is?

I’ve just had it confirmed by a colleague of the Tyrone manager that their threatened withdrawal was purely to buy time for mcshane, an open secret apparently. Their victory in this matter is still being treated as a cause of great celebration and merriment
Yet another tfk exclusive (@Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy will confirm same)

Isnt that common knowledge? Young Canavan too benefited.

To quote a great man