2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

In terms of likely starters and the importance to each team in terms of which players need to deliver, I’d rank them as follows:

1 Meyler
2 McGeary
3 Morgan
4 Harte
5 Hampsey
6 McCurry
7 McNamee
8 Donnelly
9 McKenna
10 Sludden
11 McKernan
12 Burns
13 Kilpatrick
14 O’Neill
15 Kennedy

1 Ruane
2 Mullin
3 O’Connor
4 O’Donoghue
5 Conroy
6 Hennelly
7 Keegan
8 Durcan
9 O’Hora
10 Coen
11 Loftus
12 McLoughlin
13 Hession
14 O’Shea
15 McHale

I think there’s a bigger drop off in quality in the 11-15 range with Tyrone than there is with Mayo.

But Tyrone probably have the better bench.

Not if you’re to believe that big nosed fella that did all the diving.
Personally I think its a shame. I’m a huge admirer of this Tyrone team, but unfortunately any all Ireland win will be invalidated, struck off, tendered null and void so to speak.
I’ll still support them though. Steadfastly at that.

@Cheasty was referencing epic semi final wins. You mentioned a match that was a quarter final and not a semi final.

I wasn’t replying to Cheasty.

1 Like

Fuck off back to Go Games if you want purity, the modern game is about winning and riding roughshod over decency to do so.

1 Like

Sure if that was the case them tyrone bastards would win every year.

They had Mickey holding them back for a decade.

An intriguing option is leaving Kev Mc on the bench and springing him as a game changer. He’s very experienced and would have a steadying influence if he starts, but he’s exactly the sort of playmaking, quick forward who can turn a game coming in during the third quarter.

Shur he’s the epitome of riding roughshod over decency. You’re after petarding yourself on your own hoist there bucko

He made a ridiculous difference coming on at half time against Galway. But then who do you start instead? Walsh? Flynn?

He didnt go far enough.

Apart from piracy it’s hard to think of a crime uncommitted

Thats why Derry will never do fuck all in the modern era.

And wtf would you know about it?

Wait, yis won a minor didnt yis?

For a 40 minute role from the start, I would go with Flynn. He has a bit of steel and has been progressing well since he joined the panel, he’s making better decisions and has cooled the temper a bit. Walsh is fast but might be better suited to coming on when the game is stretched.

Tyrone beating Kerry was a bigger surprise than Mayo beating Dublin

Tyrone presumably won’t start McShane and he is a serious man to spring from the bench. Mayo need something up their sleeve in that regard.

Aidan O’Shea?!

Is the Auld Triangle back open?