2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

How many left now @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy ?

Was Paddy McGrath still with Donegal this year

Sad to see. Some player in his pomp. Gave an exhibition against Cork In 2014.

2 Likes

I think so but I’d imagine himself and McGee will be gone now.

Think it will just be Murphy and McBrearty left for Donegal.

1 Like

Presumably that is him finished now. An electric player at his peak, must be 31/32 now?

1 Like

With all the lads Dublin have lost there’s hardly 30 players in total in the whole country left playing with All Ireland Medals.

His battle vs Higgins in the semi final replay in Limerick was immense. Either of them could have been MOTM. The best 1 vs 1 battle I ever saw.

2 Likes

Unreal. I watched that game in Munich with a load of Mayo fans. Another hard luck story for them.

The defining memory of that day:

6 Likes

Those semi final replays in 2014 and 2015 were iconic.

Lee Keegan got off a suspension with the DRA the night before in 2014 while in 2015 Connolly was cleared at all hours on the Friday night before Dublin v Mayo replay.

PicMonkey-Collage__01

3 Likes

JOD’s shoulders in absolute shite. Another example of an amateur player making a fuck of himself playing injured. No one gets out in the whole of their health in the GAA.

2 Likes

They say Conor McManus will have bad arthritis all his life

A few Dublin lads will. Only bit of exertion fisting the ball around the backline.

I will have arthritis in my knees I was told. Bob Radcliffe Cup winners sacrifice a lot too.

3 Likes

Yeah was on the bench. He won’t be 33 until February but he’ll find it hard to get back near his best.

Martin O’Reilly was on the bench in 2012 and could be back yet, only 28. He transferred to Philadelphia GAA in 2019 but was back for Championship for Sean MacCumhaill’s last year and played league a few weeks back.

1 Like

They’ll be shot down in an uptown foray some day.

Carrying all them medals around in the arse pocket must put awful strain on a lads back. I’d expect some of them to be crippled by the time they are 50

5 Likes

“The taking of the Ah Chrisht Ref”

2 Likes

Some Connacht final content.

The smart wans quit after what used to be minor.