2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

Aren’t all these guys vaccinated ? Are any of them sick ?

The following would be 20 players who should be competent at u20 level:

Keeper:
Gallen (Dropped off the panel earlier this year as he accepted a golf scolarship in America so not sure if he’s gone yet)
Quinn (Last year’s u20 keeper with a booming kickout)

Defenders:
Fox (U20 captain from last year, likely to get a call up in the coming years)
Clarke (corner back for last years U20s and was called up to the preliminary panel at the start of the year)
McLaughlin (dropped off the Tyrone panel last year due to lack of game time)
Teague* (was on the panel earlier in the year, not sure if he’s still about but hasn’t featured to date)
Colm Byrne (a member of the u21 team a few years back and a good solid defender)
Ruairi Mallon (corner back on the u21 team that won the AI a few years back)
Murnaghan (dropped from the panel this year, had been on the u20s panel lately)

Midfielders:
Grugan (dropped off the Tyrone panel 2 years ago, won an AI minor in 2010)
McClure (dropped off the panel this year)
C McCann (wasn’t called up this year but a regular panel member under Harte.
P McNulty (left the panel in 2019 due to a back injury, arguably the best midfielder in Tyrone right now)

Forwards:
Matthew Walsh (Wing forward for Dungannon who won the county championship last year, also won an u21 AI with Tyrone in 2015)
DD Mulgrew (wasn’t called up for the senior panel this year but a regular squad member under Harte)
Mark McKearney (was on the Tyrone preliminary panel this year but cut, won a county championship with Dungannon last year)
T Quinn (another one who was on the preliminary panel this year, was one of the stars on the u20 team who won the last two Ulster titles, great prospect for the future)
Ryan Coleman (big target man who will likely come into contention in the next year or so, early 20s and has played underage for Tyrone, getting big scores for Moy at present)
E Jordan (another on of last years u20, good free taker and a heavy scoring forward)
McAliskey (dropped himself off the panel during the league due to lack of game time, one of the best inside forwards in Tyrone and I’ve no doubt if he’d a bit more patience he’d be battling it out for a place by now)

You could end up with a few hatchet men togging for Tyrone willing to end Kerry players seasons.

I think they’d be capable of giving them as good a game as anyone in Munster has this year, whatever that says in itself. There’s about 10/11 players who would have played intercounty up until last year, they won u20 Ulster titles in 19 and 20. The club scene is very strong in Tyrone so I don’t think they’d be capable of beating Kerry but they’d probably be able to field a team stronger than at least 20 other counties would.

Should Cork forfeit their place in the 20s final?

Come again?

This is all Tyrone gamesmanship. It’s very unbecoming.

1 Like

This will be Tyrone’s greatest victory.

1 Like

Dooher wouldn’t have any previous of this sort of chicanery would he?

Cork have had covid cases and had a game delayed for the 20’s, you say you want Tyrone to forfeit their place to Monaghan, why shouldn’t Cork do the same

Read what I said again like a good chap.

2 Likes

Best solution is Monaghan take their place is what you said.

It’s a knock out tournament and Monaghan have already been knocked out. If Tyrone are unable to fulfil the fixture, it’s a walkover for Kerry surely?

Bit like tennis players retiring injured before a match. It happens regularly enough in tennis. The opponent gets a walkover. It’s not a case of the opponent they beat in the previous round getting reinstated.

Better solution thanTyrone being forced to complete fixture with a squad of players who were not involved this year.

Did you miss the part I quoted?

1 Like

Tyrone mightnt be sorted for the rearranged game.

why? how are Cork “sorted”?

Due to self isolation rules in the north and having group training.

You should read up on the case instead of disagreeing with everybody off hand.

3 Likes

@EstebanSexface

this is the crux of it

“This is about player welfare, and it’s clear that our players will not be ready to engage in a high-intensity Championship game so soon after being directly affected by this virus.”

Why is this different to Cork is my argument, both have been given the same amount of time to recover