2022 European Championships - Munich

Quicker due to the standing start rather than coming out of the blocks at the gun

The overall time would only have been good enough for 4th in the first heat. Considering the B specials were running for some of them, a medal seems unlikely

Final is 20:45 on Saturday.

Would be great to see Ciara Mageean get a medal later. Always seemed like a class act

3 Likes

Jerry would have loved it

Looks like the Brits might have ran their first team. The Dutch and Poles are a class above the rest. We’re battling for a Bronze but need someone to fuck up to have a realistic chance.

Time ain’t relevant. You run the race you’re in.

We’ll get bronze and the forum will be lit up.

1 Like

We’ll all be out in the streets running 400m relays

2 Likes

The lads with 4 accounts will have no trouble getting a team together.

4 Likes

All of Ireland will be drinking to get batoned by the guards.

There’ll be a population boom, as batons are accidentally grabbed all over the country

1 Like

She’s as good/better than anyone bar Muir seems to be the consensus?

1 Like

It looks that way. She needs to go out and dictate it like the semi final and then just hold on for a medal you’d hope. If Muir runs her race then she’s not gonna be beaten

1 Like

I see Rhys McClenaghan failed to make the pommel horse final in the gymnastics. That’s a big disappointment for him considering he was thought to be right in the hunt for an Olympic medal a year ago.

1 Like

That fuck up in the Olympics has destroyed him

Yeah. She’s a right chance.
As does Mark English.

It’s gladiator stuff. Eat or be ate.

2 Likes

He just needed to get back on the horse, but it hasn’t been that straightforward.

9 Likes

Tough to get up from a pommeling like that

1 Like

I think he may have made a badly judged switch to bars after the Olympics.

The Dutch lass that ran the quick second leg is running the 200m final tonight, according to the commentators.

My life partner joined me to watch the race and irked me with a running commentary/constant complaints about Becker and Mawdsley wearing skimpy green knickers, compared to the navy shorts sported by Healy and Adeleke.

1 Like