2022 Six Nations rugby championship

Ah yes, Wales, Scotland and Argentina have fluked their way into semi finals but Ireland have been unlucky.:roll_eyes:

It doesn’t really though. In 2015 they’d a massive injury crisis. The team they’d out in 2015 was no good. Earls at 13, madigan at 10. Dave Kearney on the wing.

There’s no comparison between 2011, 2015 and 2019.

It’s just lazy analysis.

Wasn’t there numerous articles about the incredible depth in Irish rugby in the previous few years? I see the same thing starting again now. I’d love to see them win a quarter final and I think Andy Farrell may well be the man who delivers it, he has many of the same qualities as Gatland.

1 Like

It’s not lazy analysis, it’s simply a consistent pattern, they always underperform by the standards they set themselves. You’re making excuses.

France are clearcut favourites.

England and Ireland more or less distant joint second favourites.

It is lazy analysis.

In 2011 we were raging hot favourites.

In 2015 we’d a massive injury crisis.

In 2019 we were massive outsiders.

Its a tiny sample pool.

Coach Schmidt made a hash of one world cup then specifically stated he was going to build the pool of players so they’d have depth in every position for the next world cup. He was kept on because he was the best coach in the world. He then proceeded to make a hash of a second world cup.

6 Likes

And between them 2 failures was hailed as the best coach in the world.

1 Like

Excuses excuses excuses.

So you can’t make comparisons?

He didn’t say that.

He said he’d rotate much more to give lads the international experience.

He can’t create depth if players aren’t there. He play lads as much as he wants.

The players are there now bar the two props. We aren’t reliant on any one player which you couldn’t say for 2015 or 2019.

The thing about the repeated World Cup quarter final debacles is that they’ve barely come close in any of them either. Repeatedly hammered and not pipped in a tight game.

This is despite a squad of apparently world class players they possess going into every tournament.

2 Likes

Those aren’t comparisons they are excuses and lies.

In 2019 Ireland were supposed to be in with their best ever chance of winning the thing.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/rugby-union/irelands-world-cup-playing-depth-12635621

That’s again lies. We were around 3/1 to win the Q/f.

The Irish mirror :rofl:

You can list out as many players as you want that doesn’t make them good.

The players are there now.

There’s a huge difference.

The hype coming into 2019 was unreal… Had been no.1 in the world a few months previously.

The quote is from Ireland’s head coach. He said Ireland’s depth had wow factor.

You said:

You’re now making up lies to make excuses.

Anybody can say anything.

You can say Ireland have terrible squad now and have no chance.

You just look at the facts.

Ireland were rank outsiders v New Zealand.

It wasn’t there best chance to win a World Cup. 2011 was.

The provinces now as a group of four have never been as good. The only time it came close was 2010/2011/2012.

The depth is there now and it’s only going to increase.

Every World Cup I remember we were reliant on 8/9 players.

That won’t be the case this time bar maybe furlong.

Bullshit. Ireland were number one in the world, capable of beating anyone they needed to and hyper up as big contenders before 2019. They blew is as usual and you can’t make any excuses for that.

They’ll be fucked at the next world cup at outhalf and quite possibly scrumhalf also and that’ll be your excuse next time.

Disclosure to the forum I have tickets to go see some of these matches in France. I hope the team do well but I won’t make excuses for them when they lose.

2 Likes