2022 Six Nations rugby championship

I can comprehend that February 2022 is not October 2023.

Same as I was able to comprehend that March 2018 was not October 2019, given that in March 2018 I correctly stated that South Africa would be very hard beaten in the 2019 World Cup, indeed they were my tip to win the tournament from a long way out.

World Cups are not decided 20 months beforehand.

2 Likes

Lot of talk about bringing Georgia into 6n instead of Italyā€¦ Portugal drew with them in that comp on Saturday! In Georgiaā€¦ Iā€™d say its competitive but not sure how good standard isā€¦ Some of them maybe good club sides equivalent at best

Coukdnt think of a worse Welsh performance against us

Iā€™d tend to agree but he is far more robust physically than carbery. None of the others are close to good enough to be an adequate replacement in time for the RWC unfortunately.

1 Like

A relegation/promotion play off only way Iā€™d see it happening. None of the original 5 would vote for automatic relegation as would be too costly if they ever had the misfortune of getting wooden spoon one year

1 Like

Sure Jack Crowley could have gone to lĆ” rochelle for a few seasons over to ROG who would have promoted him at every opportunity to develop him with ROG own long term future in mindā€¦ He decided not to go :man_shrugging:

Donā€™t know what you can say about that bar it showed a fair lack of ambition

1 Like

Agreedā€¦ Also would be absolute cannon fodder without a few seasons to get up to required level

Thatā€™s very harsh to say it showed a lack of ambition. He should be starting for Munster.

I think Spain hammered Holland, and Spain wouldnā€™t be the best. They seem to have an ok 7s team.

Munster will flute around dividing the time playing support to carbery between Healy and Crowley, so neither will get up a sufficient level. Ireland will be last minute and reluctantly relying on Carty at the world cup.

Healy only signed a one year deal. Has a massive offer on the table from Scotland.

Do you think he would want to get capped for Scotland? I donā€™t.

I think his parents are Scottish. If heā€™s getting a 3 year deal and treble what Munster offered him Iā€™m not sure heā€™ll stick around as a sub.

He should take that Scottish deal. Donā€™t really get the hype with him. Weā€™re about 2 years away from having Doak as goal kicker at 9 anyways.

2 Likes

I thinks he a good player and a very good kicker. Heā€™s improving all the time.

Iā€™m seriously impressed with Crowley all the same.

Itā€™s a matter of when and not if imo about him being irelands ten.

One of the three outhalves Munster have should be starting for Ulster currently. It wouldnā€™t make sense for the irfu to lose one to Scotland when an Irish province needs one.

Iā€™d tend to agree but the Irfu donā€™t exactly have a bottomless pit of money. Itā€™s also Munster paying his wages.

Wasps blew Munster out of it for John Ryan.

I do think carberry is more off a 15 tbh. Heā€™s a lovely runner but his passing is fairly poor. Heā€™s some awful habits and heā€™s not exactly young either. Must be 27 this year.

Heā€™s played so little and gets injured so easily. Iā€™d play him at fifteen. Heā€™d have better Prospects than zebo and Hayley at his stage.

Five days away to ā€˜Le Crunchā€™ in Paris and the soccer crew are agonising over a World Cup thatā€™s more than 18 months away.

1 Like

G Thornley Esq is focused on the task at hand, poring through footage of the Top Quatorze and trying to make sense of this incident

2 Likes

Iā€™m entirely confident Ireland will win next week.