2022 Six Nations rugby championship

Maybe it is harsh but I don’t think he could have any expectation he was going to start ahead of carbery and reality would suggest sharing his time with Healy as has panned out. He is a good prospect but he is learning and possibly long term he won’t end up at 10

Fair play

Mark my words.

1 Like

I agree. Ireland will smash them.

1 Like

Assume Gerry Thornley is on the ground in Paris already

• Scruff Thornley

I’m not sure. He usually has a 5 a side on Wednesday lunchtime that is taken quite seriously I believe.

Gerry Thorley is really setting the scene ahead in todays paper of record.

Hard to take Scruff Thornley seriously, even after all these years.

He’s no Edmund Van Esbeck.

The English, Welsh and French are great WUMS. Bigging up the Irish and Scots to win while at same time developing a team to go far in a WC. They are blooding new players while Ireland are depending on Sexton.

As I predicted a few weeks back Ireland will win it this year and the hype will start again.

4 Likes

The Welsh are in disarray. Union is over a 100 million in debt.

Bleak times ahead.

They’ll show up on the big day at least.

Very tough for them to replace so many great
Players at once.

1 Like

Can they not just get nz/oz/SA cast offs like we do?

5 Likes

I thought the same and felt it was unnecessary to be playing him so much but we’re only 18 months out from the World Cup now and he’s still integral. He could make it and all you know. Ideally as a ROG at World Cup 2011 style option. Most 38 year olds would be playing Junior in GAA though so it’s speaks volumes about the current dearth of No.10’s in their prime that he’s still the key man. Harry Byrne isn’t developing as fast as people had hoped or the two Munster 10’s.

Did O’ Gara have a similar problem early in his career but overcame and outshone Jeremy Staunton then? I remember reading about it in his autobiography. We were spoiled with outhalves since the late 90’s. Humphreys to ROG to Sexton. Very low turnover of regular No.10’s.

1 Like

yes, lets get a man who flopped at every world cup he played at to play in the next WC even though he is past his prime

7 Likes

Oh I’d agree we should be blooding the new out-halves. An infusion of youth is a great boost to any team. Who would you pick at 10 yourself? You’re surely a Harry Byrne man?

is ollie campbell still floating around?

Frawley’s Fingal’s finest you fool.