2022 Six Nations rugby championship

Seems to be another project player electrician from Sydney :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Heā€™s likely going to be still first choice going into the world cup. Heā€™ll be 38, he will most likely get injured, or his form could go off a cliff at any second as age catches up to him.

Yeah I have to agree that for all the positives right now it feels very familiar and that thereā€™s a number of things which could easily go awry next year at the World Cup. Thereā€™s very been very little succession planning done at No.10.

:rofl:

Welcome to Irish rubbyā€¦

1 Like

Harry Byrne never did one thing to justify all the hype that was around him. Iā€™d say he has never even started a European cup game

2 Likes

I might take a wander around some of our sites later and see if any of the steelfixers can play flyhalf.

5 Likes

I wouldnā€™t have thought Staunton was ever a real challenge to ROG at 10 for munsterā€¦ For any prolonged period anywayā€¦ Staunton played a fair bit at full backā€¦ Ɠ Gara came on scene about 97 and started a heiniken cup final in 2000 and was on fringes of national team by then

Leinster have these players every few years. Ian madigan was another one. Itā€™s odd.

Iā€™m very confident in jack Crowley. I know a player when I see one and this lad has it all.

Madigan and Harry Byrne cant be compared. Madigan played a shit load of games for leinster and scored a heap of tries and was a very good player for a short period of time. Byrne hasnā€™t done that. He has been hyped up based on 20s performances alone

He looks like a good player but time will tell. Building a career and improving continuously is hard regardless of how much talent you might have. He has a bit of size which helps but he will need better coaching than he has gotten from munster so far and thatā€™s why I think it was so poor a decision not to go to France for a few years

1 Like

Ian madigan was always a fraud in my eyes. The Leinster fans seemed to think he was the second coming off Christ.

Can we direct discussion on World Cup 2023 to the dedicated World Cup 2023 thread please.

2 Likes

Time for bed Iā€™d say lad

Done it in a few pro 12 games when Leinster were totally dominant. He was ran out of France and canā€™t get a game for Ulster.

Your man gilroy for Ulster was another fella where fans wanted Declan kidney almost sacked because he didnā€™t pick him.

The writing was on the wall for Ian Madigan really from the day he fluffed a match winning penalty in front of the posts to consign Blackrock College to a first ever Leinster Schools Cup defeat to Kilkenny College.

5 Likes

He has 150 odds games for leinster. Not top class but a fine club player for a good few seasons. Was poor in France and good in patches for Bristol just was past his best and didnā€™t have the legs to play Lams game

He is very young and as far as I know heā€™s in college.

Itā€™s easy say he should off gone. Jj hanrahan went and it was disaster. Your man Sean o brien from Connacht is another lad who left for Exeter and little game time.

Rubby is dead in Wales. The stabbed the heartbeat of the game in the valleys with the regions.

They seem to be trying to sort it out again with Cardiff and Newport reverting.