2023 AI Hurling Final Limericks v KK

Was only against Cork

1 Like

They couldn’t get it past the Limerick half back line. It was amazing to see.

When the going got tough, the likes of Tom Phelan, Mossy Keoghan and Tommy Walsh were not good enough.

Cathal o Neill was a big boost for the Limerick lads.

Enjoy the win lads.

2 Likes

No.

Needed to take all their goal chances tbh. Cody one before HT etc.

I can only see a team now like Cork catching LK but it’s questionable whether they’re willing to get up to the level required too.
They’d have the hurling.

Kilkenny now 36% of the way to equalling Mayo’s 11 losing finals in a row, although six losing final games in a row is actually the most Mayo managed.

They weren’t tested at all that day imo. Today they were and they were in a hole and turned in a devastating display.

That’s the way I am judging it. But against cork they were unreal but I am not sure they were tested like today.

Tom Phelan tried very hard but it’s the worst KK half-forward line I’ve ever seen

3 Likes

I think that is harsh. Same thing happened to Galway in semi. They are up against an incredible team. The effort to stay with them, results in the tank being empty in second half.

3 Likes

He did what was expected.

P Casey turned the screw really, his run of scores midway through half were as good as you’ll see in any AI Final. Superb performance

3 Likes

Byrnes is an absolute titan, one of the greats. His improvement as a player is incredible

3 Likes

Galway and Kilkenny seem to fall asunder fitness wise against them the last two days out.

True true. Kilkenny certainly won’t be found wanting for effort and to their credit really put it up to Limerick in the first half at least.

Kilkenny scoring 2-15 is very poor

I think Limerick were much better today than they were against Galway.

4 Likes

Davy currently texting the Waterford chairman that they should have beaten them thanks to his coaching

Professional levels of Fitness. Simple as that.

The commitment required from whatever team catches them is going to be massive.

Delighted for Cian Lynch. What a fucking player.

8 Likes

Nowhere near the KK team imho but after todays second half they can take second place comfortably

The best wet ground inside forward around.

2 Likes

The only place they could have been caught this year was in Munster and I dare say it will be the same next year.

1 Like