2023 AI Hurling Final Limericks v KK

Keiran Hickey has moved down to the sideline now. He seems to be the link between. SoD & Alan Cunningham.

1 Like

A few pointe

Peter Casey MOTM
Kyle hayes Hoyt
Hue Lawlor had a great game
Limericks second half probably pushes them ahead of kilkenny as the greatest of all time
Kevin Martinā€™s wife is both an an alright sort and a milf
Ger Oakley despite his flowing locks back in the day is now bald as @Bandage
Duignan despite putting up with my abuse and hooping and hollering took a selfie when I asked, e even though he though he thought he would be in the middle rather than camera man

23 Likes

Watched the match on bbc
Watching Sunday Game now, old news, but Marty is woeful.

2 Likes

Clare play a nice brand in my opinion.

Limerick are hugely skilled but itā€™s not the most exciting.

A good head on his shoulders tbf. Some paw aswell, must be one of the best players under a high ball in the county.

I must also say to the KKs. A sound bunch. Before during and after.

When I heard Wally was starting I knew ye were in trouble. No disrespect to him. But he isnā€™t a starter. Unbelievably ferocious as always. I wonā€™t lie when the second goal went in I thought we were in trouble.
KK are never beat until the final whistle is blown. But this Limerick team are never beaten at all

4 Likes

Itā€™s a pity Clare shit their breachers when they play KK because they would have given a better showing today.

When theyā€™re not hurling well or when they overdo the handpassing, like in the first half, itā€™s not great to watch I agree. But their hurling in the second half was tremendous to watch, from my perspective. Hayes, Lynch, Casey are all exciting players to watch.

2 Likes

My thinkng too.

Heā€™s not wrong there.

And thatā€™s why I was very confident at half-time even though we hadnā€™t played well.

Very strong wind, we had struggled on our puckouts at points in the first half and Quaidā€™s puckouts are really really good. Kilkenny were always going to struggle looking into Byrnes & Kyle, Davy McInerney cleaned them out in the first 15 of the second half of the semi-final.

Link?

Didnt even cross my mind before today, but as with yerself he would be my call now.

The run of point scoring after KKā€™s second goal was just unbelayavable. Peter Casey could do no wrong, but the Cathal Oā€™Neill point where he just decided nothing would stop him was sensational.

4 Likes

I thought last year yeah good team but the Kilkenny four in a row was way ahead. That was after squeaking past us and an unconvincing all Ireland against what I knew was an average kk team. Now theyā€™ve come back, missing Finn for fucks sake and destroyed the only teams who gave them a game last year. They arenā€™t really worried about Munster. And if Cork hadnā€™t blown that semi in 18?? Limerick would have come anyway. Theyā€™re a blown 65 call away from just completing 6 in a row.

3 Likes

Iā€™d have lynch motm there. Drove the bus for them

Cathal is a good yoke.

Adam English to come too. SOB & POD down the line aswell.

3 Likes

Will RTƉ be going to the Limerick hotel soon? Any of the Limericks here in the function room?

Darragh o Donovan hurler of the year in my opinion. Consistently one of Limerickā€™s best all year. Byrnes second.

Peter Casey scored some points today that stood out as immortal. Outrageous scores. Particularly the one he got after the Kk goal. He gets my vote for MOTM

2 Likes

As much as I think Kyle is top class and would love him to get HotY, I think it has to be Gillane. The elite forward in the game, Limerick donā€™t even feed him half the ball he should get.

1 Like

I thought Lawlor was superb today. Even at the end he got a a brilliant flick to stop Gillane getting through from the sideline

2 Likes