2023 AI Hurling Final Limericks v KK

“What ye can do for me now, is take all yer medals, and tip them into the bin, because ye never won any of them fairly, ye won them all by cheating.”

That Sean Sheehan cratur would be better off sticking to the MMA

Unappreciated? That point has probably been the main talking point of the game. An uninterrupted passage of play that saw Kilkenny have the Tom Phelan goal chance, Nash coming away with it, getting dispossessed, Reid playing Keoghan in for the second goal chance only for him to slip, Morrissey taking the hit, offloading to Casey onto Hegarty ball into space, Flanagan to Gillane. A score that levelled the game but was worth more after what went before it & showed Limerick turning the screw. It even had a special Sunday Game segment about it. Sean Sheehan should be ridiculed for this, I’m very angry.

6 Likes

Largely agree with what you’re saying.

Cork are maybe slightly better now than in ‘17.

I don’t think Wexford would have lost at home to Westmeath in ‘17. Davy had them good enough to make a Leinster final that year.

Galway are a mile off 2017 standards.

I’d argue Clare a bit better now. But would leave that to our Clare posters.

Tipp are nowhere near as good

But overall the landscape isn’t nearly as demanding as in 2017 imo. When the last proper All Ireland* was played.

(*first Sunday in September)

1 Like

That’s true on Wexford. A lot of the same personnel but losing to Westmeath and Dublin these days so definitely weaker than 2017.

I take your point on Cork too. They were shocking in 2016 but went on a great run in Munster in 17’ re-energised by the youth of Fitzgibbon, Coleman, Kingston and Luke Meade.

1 Like

You couldnt get away with zonally defending the way the Limerick’s do now back then when there were forwards around who could hurt you.

Only Tony Kelly can really hurt the Limerick’s now.

cc @myboyblue

1 Like

Eh no, I believed Limerick would beat Kilkenny pulling up. I didnt believe they would do the same to Clare. It was pretty simple. I had much more faith in this Limerick side than many on here.

Now, take it back because you’ve really hurt my feelings here.

What’s another year :notes:

Only Clare can stop you based on the current form of all around.

Clare are serious value at 11/1 for next year.

Betting is for mugs.

1 Like

You left out that KK quisling Duignan groaning when Keoghan slipped.

6 Likes

Hand on my heart, if Limerick were going for a 10 in a row, I would support them against Kilkenny or Cork. Decent folk will remain decent folk no matter how many they win. Cork will always be Cork & ditto Kilkenny. So you’re wrong, again!

18 Likes

Agreed.

Hand on my heart, I find it really bizarre that people will judge you depending on the county of your birth, I find that quite weird. You’d feel sorry for somebody with a mindset like that :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I find it bizarre Duignan would have any grá for Kilkenny, you’d go a long way to find many Offaly lads who would.

1 Like

Sure add in Dooley and Whelehan at HT

Huh?

They were interviewed at HT by Caul Pollins and both went for KK