2023 AI Hurling Final Limericks v KK

Gillane had time to plant his feet, in a way it was like a free shot
Give me a score from the sideline while moving at pace when weā€™re talking about all time great scores

Cathal O Neill says hello

4 Likes

Caseyā€™s second point from the Hogan side was better, under savage pressure.

9 Likes

Cannings was under pressure.

No, more similar to Gillanes, Johnny Coen with almost identical handpass to Flanaganā€™s.

Oā€™Neil got a great score, but I canā€™t remember it well, out on the sideline also

Iā€™m talking about pressure

The Gillane score happened almost directly in front of where we were sitting and I was in awe of it. Seemed to turn and strike in one movement. Almost all around us had the same reaction.

Mentioned it to a few after who were in the Hogan and they seemed to pass it off. Watching it back didnā€™t seem to do it justice either.

There are drawbacks to being pitch level at games but it does give you an appreciation of the sheer speed and physicality of the game.

6 Likes

That was an absolutely unreal score

2 Likes

Funny I was very close to it too.

I canā€™t think off three better scores scored under kiely.

Sure lookit there were so many worldies going over at the time we were hardly taking any notice.

13 Likes

Agreed.

Two very different points.

Gillaneā€™s shot was far from easy and he had to be in the right place to receive the pass, but it was a great score largely because of a fantastic break from the other end of the field.

Oā€™Neillā€™s was a complete solo effort and probably a more difficult shot at pace.

CONā€™s first point was something else. He wouldnt have been able to burst through those Kilkenny challenges a couple of years ago.

He was brilliant this year off the bench in croke park.

2 Likes
1 Like

Agreed

I was in Row E of the Lower Hogan on the halfway line and that score happened about 20 yards from me. Mikey Butler did nothing wrong and almost everything textbook, forcing Peter Casey wide. No avail.

One of the most extraordinary points I have ever seen. Came off a somewhat overhand stroke, which required perfect timing, perfect connection. PCā€™s wristwork was quite incredible. His shot nigh bisected the posts, which meant footwork matched wristwork for incredible.

7 Likes

Same. It was THE score of the day. The buildup prior to it was all part of it.

The crowd reaction and noise was unreal

You were near enough to me so. I was in row B right behind it.

1 Like

Iā€™ve said it for years p Casey reminds me of Richie hogan.

Heā€™s incredibly powerful for a smaller man.

3 Likes