2023 AI Hurling Final Limericks v KK

There was no pressure on Oā€™Neill when he took that shot, ye weā€™re six points up at that stage.

He is a fantastic dancer.

Heā€™s a magician. Fondly remember him playing a junior league game in 2014 when he was only a young lad.

He was unreal then too.

1 Like

His first point against Cork in the 21 final was practically identical from the same spot, he was magic feet and wrists.

4 Likes

Croke Park is definition of a small worldā€¦

An interesting comparison ā€“ and an apt one, now.

1 Like

Is Richie nearly in the position of having held on too long with KK at this stage? His best stuff is a good while ago and its crazy to have a guy of his talent as a sub. He must really love it. He isnā€™t diminishing his legacy but thereā€™s deffo young lads watching who wouldnā€™t realise how good he was.

Him and TJ were 1A and 1Alpha.

2 Likes

Ahā€¦ This stuff would be hard to discuss without getting into the dysfunctionality of Codyā€™s last years. Am in no humour for that road, apologies, on the night in it, as you will understandā€¦

2 Likes

As @Malarkey pointed out pre game Kilkenny are entering a rebuilding phase

P Walsh, Buckley, w Walsh, tj and Richie hogan will possibly all moving on.

Very hard to see Kilkenny winning an all Ireland in the next few seasons.

1 Like

Agree, thought Eoin Cody enhanced his reputation again on Sunday though. He is proven truly elite now and a great age. A major pillar.

First saw him play for Na Piarsaigh in an u21 county final in Bruff. Almost sure it was against Patrickswell and Byrnes was playing.

Casey would have been only 16 or 17, tiny little fella in corner forward. Clipped over four or five points from play, a velvet touch and sensational footwork.

He has produced two halves now in All-Ireland finals that are as good as anything ever seen. 10 points from play in total.

4 Likes

I was at that game.

It was defo v the well.

Very early on a sunny Sunday morning.

I think that was five or six on a row for nap.

Thatā€™s the very one.

Prick

I was also delighted that Casey matched his excellent performance by not doing his usual diving and play acting looking for frees. He got a soft one in front of the Cusack in the first half but didnā€™t dive.

Season 6 National Ice Cream Day GIF by Ex On The Beach

1 Like

Caseyā€™s point was definitely the best score on Sunday.

At the time, Limerick were down FIVE! Hard to believe now but they did need to step up. The low catch first time while turning canā€™t be underrated - creating a teenie bit of separation in the process. Then as Butler forces him wide he engages in contact, pushes him away and from about 80 yards out under immense pressure swings over an absolute beauty with a sweet flick of the wrists. Utterly masterful under the circumstances.

15 Likes

I was right behind it on the Cusack side also.it was a marvellous score.he only had a split second to hit the ball before Lawlor was on top of him.and he nailed it.one of the best scores that I have seen

3 Likes

It was remarkable stuff.

You knew it was a case of how many we win by then as well.

Iā€™ve always thought that too, Casey is very similar in style to Richie Hogan. The skill and wristiness of his hurling, the Tipp crowd must be having wet dreams imagining someone with wrists like that playing for their county

9 Likes

A cretin.

5 Likes