2023 AI Hurling Final Limericks v KK

The points are all well and good but it’s a pity ye wouldn’t go for the odd goal. It would improve the spectacle for the rest of us.

3 Likes

We did the goals last year, we mixed it up this year to keep it fresh for ye.

They’re the weirdest bunch of cunts in Ireland. The hard on that Offaly, Laois, Carlow boggers have for Kilkenny is just mind boggling.

11 Likes

A tough few days for Duignan, Tom Dempsey and co.

5 Likes

The obsession with LEINSTER HURLING by Brian, Carroll, Duignan et al is really really sad.

1 Like

True. What about the ball is dropped and you have to hit the ball off the ground? Like a sideline.

The drop shot pull. Declan Ryan was a master at that

3 Likes

Iron Mike used to use them a lot

3 Likes

John Leahy was an exponent also.

TJ Reid has scored 0-1 from play in the last 4 AI finals he has played, yet he is lauded as the greatest player of all time in some sectors of the hurling media, great players contribute a lot more than that. Hego has scored 3-16 in his last 4 AI finals for example.

16 Likes

TJ’s assists must be off the scale though.

Fucks sakes :joy:

He isn’t able to do anything other than catch a puckout or two aside from the frees. Desperately overrated and always has been. Tends to get easy frees from referees

2 Likes

He did a mountain of work last year. He fecking carried Kilkenny for a few years.

There’s the small matter of him being the all time top scorer in the game too

Assists us a farce stat in a sport where you can score from up to around 90 metres out

1 Like

Ah to be fair TJ is at the tail end of his career, wouldn’t be overly harsh on his last couple of AI performances. They wouldn’t have reached either but for him.

He just can’t get away from lads to get shots off anymore, happens to everyone. Savage longevity, but a bit mad how, if he steps away, he’d have played his last 8 years as an intercounty player and not won another AI.

From my own time watching Kilkenny I’d probably have him at number 5 in terms of Kilkenny greats. (That’s not a dig at TJ and more a compliment to the others they’ve produced.

Reid - 5
Shefflin - 4.
DJ - 3.
Delaney - 2.
Tommy Walsh - 1.

Wonder will any of the current Limerick outfield players still be essential men at 35. Probably won’t be a great sign if they are in time.

2 Likes

Sometimes I dont know whether to laugh or cry.

2 Likes

Limerick are the team players and teams are judged by nowadays.

Tj reid has faced Limerick seven times in his championship career.

He has managed the grand total of 4 points from play including 0 in his last three appearances against Limerick.

2 Likes

Going to put this down to the fact it was late and you could we’ll have been on the sozzle. Let’s leave it there and we’ll start again.

1 Like

It’s bizarre. I’d ignore it if I thought he was having us on but the chap is deadly serious