2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

We will be treating Clare with the utmost respect.

4 Likes

Clare v Dublin 1:45pm Portlaoise
Tipp v Galway 4pm Limerick

(I think) the hurling is on RTE next week with the 4x Football games set for GoGo TV.

Donal Og could have a conniption if thereā€™s a lunchtime throw in for one of the hurling games again this year.

According to my Skybox RTEā€™s coverage starts at 3.30pm next Saturday.

https://twitter.com/ShaneSaint/status/1670090889924866048?t=8pNTOyyraKzzAvLZYmdp3A&s=19

A real hall of famer @peddlerscross

4 Likes

One of the greatest forwards of all time.

2 Likes

Might be the last green flag he raises for Tipp. Has been a privilege to watch him

3 Likes

I think a HQ double header is on the cards alright.

Brian Lohan decides the venues these days and he wants a run out in Croker before facing the Cats again so Croker it will be.

1 Like

Iā€™m hearing limerick is still on the cards

For both?

Dublin will never agree to that.

Again - I donā€™t think teams have any say in all Ireland series venues. Sure they dragged Clare and Wexford to cork on a Saturday lunchtime before and made Dublin play Tipp in Thurles a few years back as well.

Limerick is definitely the best location for a double header but Tipp-Galway in Limerick and Dublin-Clare in Portlaoise might be best.

Dublin played Tipp in the quarter final in 2014. Iirc Thurles is deemed to be the hq outside the hq. That was the reason given at the time for it.

It would be a dangerous precedent to dumb down an All Ireland Quarter Final by playing it in Portlaoise.

1 Like

Tipp v Galway was in Limerick two years ago though in the quarters.

1 Like

Covid Championshipā€™s dont count.

Will ye try to bring it to Carrick I wonder?

1 Like

I think the reasoning the gaa used at the time was that Thurles was set as the venue for quarter final at the start of the year regardless of the teams in it and Dublin just had to swallow it.

1 Like

A double header in Croke park suits me most so thatā€™d be ideal

Croker has Hawkeye (for all the good that is) too so it will be there.