2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Looking forward to the inevitable wailing when the time, dates and venues are announced.

1 Like

Assume will be Cork, they love their hurling down there

It’s great to be straight into the semi final

3 Likes

Would Galway Tipp not be rising 35k on its own?

You’d imagine so.

Galway won’t bring a huge crowd I’d say and Saturday always sees a drop off. The double header last year brought in 35k with Cork who always bring a good crowd

Tipp are back tho

1 Like

I’d say there will be a bumper crowd in Croker if they get over Galway. 65k +

Will do well to pull 50k with Galway in it

O’Moore Park has been cleared of games for next weekend

1 Like

An All Ireland Quarter Final should be be played in a stadium with at least two covered stands.
Paying €40 for the privilige of being drenched (aka 2016 munster final) is just not on.

‘The Laois’ the Kerrys’ the Offalys’ the Westmeaths’’

https://twitter.com/thesundaygame/status/1670197080495882240?s=46&t=6YjbEjmM5b9DQH_NEv7K7A

1 Like

He says this kind of stuff a lot but never really offers solutions beyond “serious investment”.

Creating new hurling clubs in counties that don’t have a massive tradition will take a lot more than just money.

4 Likes

Tipp are back

Some Offaly lad on their form saying “there is no shame being the best of the rest” - they fucking lost to Carlow a few weeks ago. Completely delusional.

1 Like

Tipp have the lads rattled

The GAA :ok_hand::ok_hand:

I wouldn’t know what the solution is either tbh. But investment might seem like a glib answer but it’s probably the long and the short of it. If the GAa funded 100 properly organized GDAs at 40k a pop it’s 4m a year …there is a pool of young inter county hurlers would be mad for it you’d imagine…

That could make a huge difference…the club my young fella is in has big numbers underage…barely one of them can hold the hurley properly…I would have no clue how to fix that barring a few videos lads posted here…in the 2 seasons he’s been playing there has been no GDA at a session, no coach the coaches…fully ran by very well meaning parents of wildly varying history of playing and coaching ability.

No GDA has ever come into his school. I can see he is losing interest in it already because he isn’t improving at same rate he is at soccer rugby Gaelic football etc all of which are better organized (and easier to coach)

And that’s in cork…what chance is there in counties with only a passing interest

4 Likes

Clare have 11 conceded also. Kilkenny on 10. Galway on 9.

Limerick only team left who haven’t conceded a rake of goals. Yet.

The hack of them at the 20s final spoke volumes.

1 Like

Yes, it does stand out. We only finished on +2, yet only conceded two goals. One of which came from a rebound off the post (although a goal is a goal).