2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Limerick will bate them with their caps ffs

1 Like

There was 2 points in it last year. Maybe it should have been more but itā€™s very hard to kill the fuckers off. They keep tipping away and got a couple of goals at vital times last year, we never pulled clear.

Weā€™ve been letting teams back into it all year. Against Cork & in the Munster Final, it looked like we might have done enough but didnā€™t kill them off. A bit better against Galway although I would have liked us to be more ruthless, still felt we let a lot behind us.

Down Finn & probably Hannon from last year, even with Lynch & Casey back; Kilkenny appear to be improved. Itā€™s hard to imagine it not being very very close. Hopefully not.

Kilkenny are some stayers.even when limited they just keep going, no twenty minute patches of invisibility

Hannon back will be massive

Thought Cian Lynch was excellent in second half.

KK half back line will struggle with our half forward line

Thatā€™s a big assumption.

Limerick canā€™t afford a first 25 minutes like they had last night

1 Like

Thereā€™s nothing Limerick canā€™t afford.

3 Likes

They definitely could.

That was a great game today.
Warfare in the middle third.
KK ruthless in front of goals.
TJ rolled back the years
Cody running riot.
Mental sweeper decision.
Oā€™Donnell taking the game down KKs throats.
The game see sawing back and forth.
Kk cruising.
Clare ripping them apart at the start of the second half.
KK weather the storm.
That fuck up for the KK goal.
Oā€™Donnells goal.
TJs sideline
Mullens flick for that point.
That fucking save :clap::clap:

Rip roaring.

3 Likes

I think Owens isnā€™t sure what is and isnā€™t a foul anymore, he was 2nd guessing himself at times yesterday which is an awful spot for a referee to get himself into. But Iā€™m not sure if anyone knows what is a foul in the modern game. In the passage of play between the big Galway goal chance and Oā€™Donovans point there were any number of potential fouls. Challenges by Lynch and Reidy one after another on Linnane in that passage would, I reckon, split TFK fairly evenly on whether they were fouls or not and thatā€™s the type of things that saw Owens go around with his arm half raised.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/1678105485881544705?s=46&t=sUuyu5xnYguZVOb7Erz-Sg

Itā€™s slightly frustrating that this Kilkenny team who have been ousted by Wexford so regularly in the last 6 years keep reaching All-Ireland finals.

The Limerickā€™s appear to be incensed that youā€™re not painting them as the fairytale team. Clare just have a better narrative. Iā€™d imagine most neutrals felt a pang of disappointment as the full-time whistle blew. Youā€™d have to be a small bit wistful thinking of that glorious Clare triumph in 2013 and what could have been. Even seeing Podge Collins on the sideline pre-match previewing the game while many of his elders still plough on for Kilkenny.

Are Kilkenny one sniper short of whatā€™s required to beat Limerick? TJ and Cody will surely rack up a nice tally but theyā€™ll need a fair tally from the likes of a Billy Ryan or Adrian Mullen to edge it youā€™d feel. Maybe Mikey Butler can snuff out Aaron Gillane but Iā€™d imagine Flanagan and Gillane were licking their lips at some of the openings Clare created.

3 Likes

As one of the Limericks you talk about I couldnt give two fucks if somebody doesnt see us as a fairytale. As he said himself we are the team everybody wants to be and Clare are the team nobody wants to be.

17 Likes

Would butler be better on Gillane? Everybody seem to stand off him showing respect and giving him room.

Butler would do neitherā€¦.

Lawlor will pick up gillane.

1 Like

I knowā€¦but ifā€¦.

Conlon was below par today I thought

Aerial ball?

1 Like

There were a few extended passages of play in the 2nd half with turnovers by both teams and no shot being got off. Great stuff

1 Like

Jesus the goal Clare conceded :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like