2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

He made a brave save from a Nash penalty one time

1 Like

Think that was the one that arguably cost Tipp the 2014 All Ireland!

He put up a photo of it afterwards with the big bruise on his leg. GAA called committees to change penalty rule. Advantage straight away went in the direction of the keepers. Tipp got two penalties in drawn match (I’d also add that I don’t think Callanan was ever a particularly strong penalty taker anyway) and scored 0-0 (also got one in replay and scored 0-1).

2 Likes

Ah stop :joy:

8 Likes

Ya seriously. He knew absolutely nothing about it ffs.

3 Likes

KK get a lot of soft frees not just against Clare,you also get the impression that you can’t touch TJ sometimes.
Last years all Ireland stands out with me and it was Colm Lyons reffing as well.the amount of soft frees he gave KK in the first half especially was crazy.we were four points up and should have been way more ahead.the soft frees were keeping them in it…
i have always said KK get a lot of soft frees…they love seeing TJ whack over 10 +plus points from frees.

What’s the story with Cillian Buckley’s wedding @peddlerscross? Is it still going ahead the day before the All-Ireland final?

Blanchfield Richie Reid Deegan are a very mediocre half backline.

Hegarty Lynch and Morrissey are capable of destroying them

Clare were septic in first half - coughing up soft frees with Lyons.

If limerick hit their stride they can with this by 7/8

1 Like

When the pressure came on in second half KK just went long repeatedly and were struggling to win it in forward line

This team only knows one way under pressure

Considering the joy Duggan got fielding ball all day it was a really bizarre call from Lohan to introduce Shanagher so late in the game.

Lohan probably needs to rein in the players reacting as they are doing with referees too.
Tony Kelly is a brilliant hurler but he spent all afternoon arguing and bawling at Lyons.
Hard win 50/50 calls when your carrying on with the referee like that.
He was clearly irked by his own performance and thought taking it out on Lyons was deflecting his showing.

Lohan is entitled to more time as there’s probably not much better there at the moment but you’d hope he’d be getting cuter on the line at this stage.

4 Likes

KK David Geraghty on Newstalk suggesting Limk / Quaid intentionally stopping play with the “contact lense” excuse. Reckons a lot of people online “pissed off” with Limerick for doing it better than others.
Not like KK to have played at the limit in the past to win games. Tippy tappy tippy tappy.

You are wrong.

Clare rode?

Considering you are a rules expert, list your examples.

1 Like

Time to fire them in really.

Young Hogan was probably put to his limit’s yesterday defensively but he will learn & improve for the experience.

Momentum going in at HT is fickle.

You just knew Galway were fucked Saturday evening going into the Dressing rooms as Shefflin was all excited, pissing and moaning.
You could sense Henry was a beaten docket and his troops came out like Korean War hostages.

Clare went in shell shocked and the HT talk for Lohan was easier than the Munster Final. They came out like Lions and nearly turned it around.

For all the whinging about the Sweeper & Colm Lyons, Clare just aren’t clinical enough when it comes to creating & taking goal chances.

Limerick & Kilkenny can work the chances & take them.

Here chief, you do understand how the Media & its ilk create Headlines & talking points?

What kind of a KK man organises his wedding for All Ireland Final Weekend? You’d expect a fan to know better, not to mind a player

3 Likes

I dont know.

Not exactly ideal preparation.

Limerick could win this by whatever they want.

Yer wan got a nasty belt

Jaysus

There’ll be war over that, and rightly so really