2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Yes it was on the radio yesterday.

The GAA could make a mighty sound gesture & allow them have a humanist ceremony in the conference area at premium level on the Saturday afternoon, open up the carvery then for the dinner & let them all stay in The Croke Park Hotel.

3 Likes

You’ve got nothing

1 Like

:smiley:….

Knockout Kneel GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

He literally listed out the contentious incidents in his post, pal. Stand in front of your printer there & have another look at it.

I think Clare were unlucky with a few calls alright. I think usually referees subconsciously realise (or the crowd/managers help them to realise) when 3 or 4 marginal calls all go to one team & then they give a couple the other way. Lyons probably didn’t do that enough though so it stands out more.

I actually thought he gave one phantom free against Richie Reid under the Hogan Stand in the second half. Kind of wrestling for possession & got his body between man & ball to win it but he gave the free in.

I think the game is too fast for referees these days. The camera cut back to Lyons & he was still at halfway running towards that Reid incident down near the 45. He wasn’t anywhere close enough to it to be sure what happened.

3 Likes

Here’s a genuine question for you, or any other kk poster.
What would BC have done about this were he still the manager do you think?

1 Like

It is laughable. The lads involved are moving on to the final or on a well deserved holiday.

The lads with their little platforms have to keep that fucking hamster moving, bringing up small incidents and talking about them for a few days, to keep advertisers happy i suppose.

There are too many hurling podcasts, the smaller lads are fierce desperate to find any angle

I hear JP is considering paying for an open bar at Buckleys wedding. A mighty sound gesture.

11 Likes

Casey’s as filthy a hurler as there is

Jimmy Buckley will appear with a guitar to keep the residents bar sing song going long into the night.

3 Likes

Am going to have to mute that @CraicOfTheAsh oddball on here again.

2 Likes

Ah here, that’s awful planning

Golly, I just don’t know.
Just a tricky situation

1 Like

You’d imagine. As I said, I’m not fully sure of all the details and I’m not asking!

All the talk here is about Lyons performance which is understandable as it was a tight game and a couple of calls one way or the other made a difference. I think anyone complaining about not playing advantage for the goal though is being entirely unreasonable - any club hurler would catch that ball in 99 times out of 100 so him thinking there was no advantage coming is perfectly reasonable.
But Owens performance Saturday was by a distance the worst of the 2. Every referee will make mistakes and get calls wrong, but a referee signalling advantage and then changing his mind as happened with Caseys first point is just atrocious. It wasn’t a once off either, throughout the game he was half raising his arm and then not giving a free when no advantage occurred, his brain was completely scrambled on the field.

3 Likes

If I was a Galway supporter Id be fairly pissed off with Henry not playing Liam Collins at u20 level so he could on for 5 minutes in a meaningless senior round robin game.

He and Galway would have benefitted from this.

3 Likes

This is a proper hurling discussion board.

Get out of here you gimp.

1 Like

It’s always seemed they the IC hurlers got married in winter, maybe that’s not true but any of the ones I’d hear about did. Padraig Walsh got married last Christmas, incidentally he married one of the famous Galway Connollys.

1 Like

Choke on it bitch boy
Proper soft cunt ya