2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

The major benefit of the Gaelic Grounds is the minimal risk of some cunt on a tractor causing 8 mile tailbacks as far as Borrisoleigh

11 Likes

There were lads in dingo jeans with farmers tans going round with cans in each hand and each back pocket. The yellow and blue headband tied around the badly sunburnt forehead.

It was unreal

5 Likes

You forgot the most daming adjective

1 Like

I was one of them lads, we bought a 8 pack in Tesco and had them drank by the time we got to the Greenhills, after haggling for 4 bucket hats for 25 pound from the hawkers on the roundabout

2 Likes

Johnny Murphy is down for Clare-Dublin?

John Keenan for the other one. Timing his run for the All Ireland.

1 Like

Hard to see a referee getting his reputation blackened in a Galway-Chipp game :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

Thurles is gone awful stale and boring. There are way fewer pubs, and those that are there are fairly rammed. It feels a bit…dated and stale.

The best day out you’ll have at a game in Limerick is to get the bus or train into the city, or if someone driving get them to park in the city. Settle into Myles Breens or Flannerys on Shannon Street for 2 or 3 and then head out over Sarsfield Bridge, calling into either Shannon Rowing Club on the bridge for 1 or carry on a little further and go into Limerick Lawn Tennis Club for 1, or do both if you’ve time. Stroll into the game then.

Iconic

6 Likes

Thurles is a nightmare to get to aswell

There was lads inside in the carvery afterwards absolutely demented from the heat with suncream and sweat gone into the eyes and the children driving them off the head looking for club orange and you could see the pressure lift off them with the cracking of the can

Limerick can cater for the crowd and really comes into it’s own in the sun

Advantage Dublin

And a death trap of a stadium

1 Like

Thurles is gone to fuck altogether unfortunately.
The only matches played there should involve tipp in round robins

Thurles has lost two pubs that affect games in the last few years, Bowes and Kennedy’s that have put extra pressure on the other pubs.

I can still get a drink in there easier than the Gaelic grounds.

From a traffic perspective, the GG is terrible unless you’re from the Clare side. The Mackey stand is probably the worst stand in the country although the other 3/4 are fine when it’s dry. When it’s wet it’s a disaster.

The pitch in the GG has improved a lot. JP must have given some of the Manor lads overtime in there.

Thurles is still the second best after Croker.

Is the pitch in Thurles still shite?

I would know the family, they are located in Caherdavin. Very nice people. The father would be a Tipp man but all the lads would be Limerick.

1 Like

I travelled on a bus with 18 people to Tullamore on Saturday, few handy pints and a 3 minute stroll to the ground. Nice view from the covered stand. 16 of the crew have simply refused to travel to that dump next Saturday. Shite covered stand, shite location and a 70% chance of getting drenched. No doubt they will fuck the season ticket holders into the uncovered stand as well.

1 Like

Has seriously deteriorated.
Cork is now the best surface (on a par if not better than Croke Park) and Limerick the best of the rest

Yes, I hear only good things about him.