2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Heā€™s a good hurler but I think heā€™ll find it tough at the top level with his physical limitations.

That said many were saying the same about Niland and heā€™s only really broken through as a guaranteed starter this year at 24. Can just take longer when you are not athletically gifted.

I watched back the Leinster final last night as I was watching it in a pub that particular Sunday.

I know Aidan Harte said he found positives after watching it again but Iā€™m not so sure.

1. Mannion is playing too deep
  2. Fintan Burke & Grealish were brutal (Burke is gone now).
  3. Cooney brutal (also gone)
  4. Niland is a good finisher but greedy and no goal threat due to lack of pace
  5. GMac & Burke should be swapped.

I liked the way Tipp applied themselves last week and Barrett starting is huge. Tipp will win this.

That Dublin game is primed for an ambush.

The early game on a Saturday double header has historically been a graveyard for hot favourites in GAA.

Armagh v Fermanagh 2004, Armagh v Wexford 2008, Tipp v Wexford 2007 and Kerry v Down 2010 being classics of this genre.

1 Like

I remember realising it was going to be our day when David ā€œDocā€ Oā€™Connor of all people fired over a glorious point off his left from under the Cusack Stand.

2 Likes

Seething I was

It only dawned on me with about 30 seconds to go, ā€œwhat if we actually lose, hereā€.

Without doubt my worst day ever in Croke Park. I even felt physically sick after it and couldnā€™t bare to stay on for Kilkenny v Galway.

1 Like

A real bad day

Yerra weā€™re at nothing. Our only hope is the sight of the Chipp jersey putting our lads in the right mindset to go timbering ta fuck.

1 Like

Bonner a loss for Tipp.
Morgan not available but thatā€™s no great surprise. Barrett back is a big plus.

Itā€™s a straight shootout as regards which FB line is roasted worst.

Heā€™ll have 4 Celtic Crosses, a hape of All-Stars and a Hurler of the Year in the bag before too long so. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Has callanan a kick left in him?

Kick? If he gets it in the paw heā€™ll take a point or still get you a goal alright.

Took his goal well against Offaly

Didnā€™t do much aside from the goal v Offaly. Was probably our best forward (not saying much) v Waterford. Iā€™d think if Oā€™Connor was fully fit, Cahill might fancy him more, but there are a few good options off bench there now. Might as well start Seamie as opposed to bringing him on with 10/15 left

Why is Bonner out? Is he running a marathon?

Seamie can take a goal chance, thatā€™s needed at 14

20 tops i think

If that is the attendance I think we can safely say the GGA is fucked

Ah Itā€™ll go well north of that. Iā€™ll go for 32k. Weather forecast seems to be clearing up for the poor punters sat in the Open Stand cc @fearmorgaillimh @Mullach_Ide