2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

The most matches ever in a senior championship?

On fumes by the final. Clare should have beaten them both days but they couldn’t shoot.

1 Like

Limerick played 8 that year too

1 Like

Probably mumbled something incomprehensible.

1 Like

Galway played 9

1 Like

AH I forgot about 5 matches in Leinster

There was only four round robin matches in Leinster that year.

4 leinster, leinster final and replay, semi and replay, final

1 Like

I’m gonna stay quiet on the subject from here

1 Like

It was the injuries that did Galway in, Daithi was playing on a fractured ankle, GMac with a torn calf and Hansbury twisted his ankle the week of the final. No depth in the squad to replace them. That number of games wouldn’t bother lads at that level.

1 Like

I don’t know I was talking to a lad recently who was second physio that year. He said after the leinster final replay, the hot day in thurles, that they were dead on their feet,and injuries piled up. But that training was lifeless, lads had no energy from that game on. Clare should have beaten them and that was an average Clare team. That was after years heavy training though. The 9 game season came at the wrong time.

2 Likes

They were gone past their peak when they eventually won one

1 Like

I dont know about that. When, 2016? They were miles better teamwork wise in 17 than they were in 15

Once you see it you cant unsee it.

4 Likes

An abomination of a jersey, the nephew showed up in one recently and I told him to sit on his own side of the fence and dig the fuck in and don’t mind his mother’s soft talk.

31 Likes

My fucking eyes, hungover enough after Blur, now this. Cunts

1 Like

We’ve been carrying at least 6 cripples all year.

1 Like

Galway have a massive chance v Limerick. Hannon is a seismic loss. I felt we took over in the MF when he went off

Jesus. I saw a half Mayo half Roscommon effort yesterday

Ye still lost though

1 Like

Surely not based on last night. Twas a v poor game