2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Iā€™d be shocked if he started.

I wonder whoā€™ll Limerick get to mark whelan ? Iā€™d say itā€™s very unlikely Morrissey will be moved now.

Itā€™s two intriguing semi finals now.

Would not be surprised if any of the four won it out. Personally think hurling over the next 5/6 years could produce 5/6 different winners.

1 Like

LC and MB did the same with Jack Fagan as with DMcC. But JF has better legs.

1 Like

Dan is the man.

Means Nash or Hayes will have to go centre. But I wouldnā€™t have moved Dan anyway.

1 Like

Nash is the man to track Whelan.

Asking a lot of Dan following Whelan all day imo

Lads, will Hannon still lift Liam even if he doesnā€™t manage to tog out for the Final?

If anyone can win it, thatā€™s a giveaway that the standard is terrible. The Tipp SHC is currently going though a similar fate with 6 winners in 6 years.

The old adage about if you think youā€™ve got two Derby horses, youā€™ve probably got none rings true.

3 Likes

Their least defensive defender?

3 Likes

Pace to track him.

Nash to 6 and English to 4

English well able to do a job on Whelan

Nash Hayes and Byrnes would be some launchpad in half back line

I was more impressed by his defending in the Munster Final than Iā€™ve ever been but Iā€™d say Galway would be delighted to see him going onto Whelan

Wonder who Galway will try on Gillane? Perhaps they will move Daithi back again who did ok job last year (Gillane still hit 6 from play)

On current form tis all the one whoā€™ll mark him.

Could of course be completely wrong but is Cahill the kind of manager you give a five year rebuild project to? He clearly gets team playing great stuff but Iā€™d say heā€™d be more likely to burn a team out in years 3-5 than rebuild it.

1 Like

Im not sure if thereā€™s been any comment on the Clare game yesterday but the great Tony Kelly looked like someone playing Cumann na mBunscoil running through scoring goals. Also his refusal to pass is iconic.

Galvin could have had a hat trick standing by himself by the far post.

3 Likes

I hope Jackie Tyrell is called out for his very distasteful comments directed at Conor Whelan. Calling him a ā€˜one trick ponyā€™ was on one hand grossly incorrect but was also a horrible thing to say about the best inside forward in the game (him or Gillane tbf).

Two MOTM awards since Tyrell said that. Fuck him.

16 Likes

Heā€™s been called out about this more times than you can count, including immediately after the match he said it. He gave an opinion. Thatā€™s his job. In fairness, it wasnā€™t one most would agree with, but no need for lads to get their knickers on a twist about it

3 Likes

Donā€™t take it to heart Jack.

Weird thing to say tbf, what is his one trick supposed to be?

2 Likes