2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

tis some Holdaaaaay camp in there kid

Send your cv in and we’ll put a word in for you.

1 Like

They’ve rattled Limerick in theit last 2 meetings, particularly last year after a dreadful leinster final and an indifferent quarter final.

Cleary and Conlon both look set to start Sunday. Hard to have a huge amount of confidence either are anywhere near right or will hold up but given how crucial both are I don’t think you have much of an option but to start them and see how it they hold up.

I would think starting Conlon seeing he was in hospital 24 hours after with concussion shows poor player welfare. I suppose it is his own decision.

Yeah it is a difficult one - If he passes the protocols and says he is fit and is back training- which is looking like the case then what can you do?

Realistically it shouldn’t be in the players hands though.

3 Likes

It definitely shouldn’t. One of the biggest games of his life. Of course he’s going to say he’s feeling grand.

That’s the key point.

3 Likes

I’d see him as a less of a man if he didnt tog.

If he passed the protocol, it’s not in his hands though. What are they supposed to do?
“You’ve passed all the official protocols, how are you feeling?”
“Perfect, desperate to play”
“Well you’re not”
:person_shrugging:
And they’d hardly not ask him either. That’d be worse.

1 Like

Exactly. No doctor is going to pass him off as fit to play if he isn’t.

Injury blow for Shefflin as Flynn ruled out

Henry Shefflin confirmed the 2017 All-Ireland winner is set to be out of action for three months.

Injury blow for Shefflin as Flynn ruled out

INJURY LOSS: Jason Flynn of Galway. Pic: Piaras Ó Mídheach/Sportsfile

TUE, 04 JUL, 2023 - 18:46

MAURICE BROSNAN

Galway manager Henry Shefflin will be without Jason Flynn for their upcoming All-Ireland semi-final against Limerick after the forward suffered a serious hamstring injury in training.

Flynn came on and scored a goal in the Leinster final defeat and was introduced from the bench against Tipperary during their quarter-final victory.

Speaking to Galway Bay FM, Shefflin confirmed the 2017 All-Ireland winner is set to be out of action for three months.

“Jason came back the Tuesday night after the Tipperary match and lit it up in training, to be honest,” Shefflin said.

“Bounced into training Thursday night and did a bad hamstring injury which is very unfortunate. He is going to be out for up to three months. It is a loss for ourselves but a massive loss for his club Tommie Larkins and hopefully, he’ll be back in time for them to still be in the championship.

“For ourselves, it is very disappointing. Jason is a great character around the group and brings great energy to the group. I’m sure the lads were very disappointed because he is such a wonderful hurling talent and when he is a flow, he just lights up the place and he can do magical things.”

Galway take on Limerick on Saturday, July 8 with throw-in at 6pm. It is a rematch of last year’s semi-final. Limerick prevailed 0-27 to 1-21 on that occasion.

“It is very disappointing for us but that is why we spoke all year about the strength of the group and the strength of the panel. It is really an opportunity for someone else to come on and take that. Whether it is into the 26 or into the team.

"That is the way sport goes. We just have to roll with it and get on with it.“

1 Like

@Ambrose_McNulty will be devastated.

1 Like

Jayo was just about to score 2-5 off the bench too. Hard to see us coming within three digits of Limerick now.

1 Like

Advantage Galway

1 Like

:face_with_monocle:

7 Likes

Rumours from the Clares. Advantage KK

This is a great thing for Galway. Jason has played well the last two games. Just when you expect him to play well he will shit the togs.

He’s only a sub. Hardly a ‘huge blow’

The Galway fans give Flynn scandalous abuse in my experience.

At last year’s Semi Final these red knecks from Kiltormer or some place in the heart of Mattie-Land were calling him a “fucking ballerina”.

It was very unbecoming i thought.

1 Like