2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Iā€™ve a long-held theory that anybody who says ā€œto be honestā€ to you is either lying, or at the very least being economical with the truth

3 Likes

You shouldā€™ve seen what Tipp men were saying in the open stand about Kehoe before he was taken off at HT in Limerick. The split season has turned Tippsters on their own amateur representatives.

I can only imagineā€¦

I canā€™t get my head around people who act like that at matches.

2 Likes

Kingston was getting fercious abuse off the Corkies. Vicious now. Now he was stone cold useless the same day.

Same everywhere, the Limericks were no stranger to it in the bad day old days. Thereā€™s always plenty around waiting to cut a fella

Unbelievably, we still have loads of Limerick fans roaring ā€œwill ye fuckin drive itā€.

There was a Limerick lad behind me on the terrace for the MF who had a set against the ref before the game even started.
ā€œThis cunt he never gives us any freeā€, ā€œhe hates usā€. He abused him high up and low down for the whole game, wouldnā€™t matter how correct the decision was he was roaring at him telling him he was wrong.

I had to move away from him because he was actually giving me a pain in my head. Compounded by the fact the ref was awful. But those one eyed fellas who canā€™t even admit to the most blatant free would melt you

6 Likes

Itā€™s gone way over the top since covid. Lads are too comfortable they wonā€™t face consequences for calling their own countymen useless cunts etc in crowded stands. Thereā€™s a line where it turns into English association soccer wannabes.

2 Likes

Dead right too. Let in ta Gillane ta fuck

2 Likes

There was a Mayo man shouting at McStay within earshot the other day, ā€œGreat fucking job management, well doneā€ when they were being hammered.

(It wasnā€™t Jimmy Sloyan)

1 Like

Donā€™t even have to look back to the bad old days. Had a bandwagoner behind me at the Clare round robin match roaring at fellas. I resisted for a while but gave him plenty of it in the end.

There was a group of 4 sitting behind me at the munster final, all the 1 family I would think who spent the entire match roaring and shouting at the ref, it was unreal. Every single free he gave against Limerick he got dogs abuse, a lad two seats down from me asked them to give it a rest and he then got dogs abuse. Every county attracts a certain element with success but I would be sure this grouping were fairly new to the hurling world.

1 Like

The new Limericks are vicious.

3 Likes

Sorry!

1 Like

Youā€™d hope not. There is a few thousand posts on this forum suggesting the Irish rugby medics do it regularly

Suggesting? They plainly do so

One of these days he was going to cause havoc. I had hoped itā€™d be Saturday. Weā€™ve nothing to replace him with. Threadbare in the forward department.

1 Like

As much stick as Jayo gets he was actually proving to be a bit of a handful for the opposition off the bench this year. Probably means Collins will have to come on earlier and as talented as he is he might not be ready yet to make an impact in a game like this. Especially physically.

4 Likes

No pre semi final media day from the All Ireland Champions?

They wonā€™t say anything noteworthy anyway. Saves spamming up each newspaper with the same few quotes. Saves spamming up the internet with podcasts with the same few lines.

Fuck. Thereā€™s fear running through every line there. I didnā€™t think it would be that bad :flushed: