2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Ye’ll have plenty of content on July 24th

5 Likes

I used enjoy the player interviews in the Indo or whatever when heading down to Munster Championship games

3 Likes

They should bring back the Captains table.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/1676593020550934535?s=46

1 Like

Tommy comes up with some bizarre takes.

I used to love reading the Sunday papers on the way up to a match in Thurles, Killarney or Croker back in the day, you’d always have long player interviews, players had sone character

2 Likes

Yeah. Picking a hurler of the year, three time all star, and two time motm in all Ireland finals is a bizarre take alright.

4 Likes

danger-alert

2 Likes

Favourite player though?

I suppose you think he should have picked Noel McGrath?

He should have picked a hurler anyway.

3 Likes

Name one current Tipperary player with as much hurling as Hego.

I won’t waste my time.

I rest my case.

Tommy sees a lot of himself in Hego and a few more of the Limericks. It’s amusing

Winners all

Definitely plays on the edge like Tommy.

Noel McGrath, Jake Morris, Jason Forde, Ronan Maher, Bryan O’Mara, Cathal Barrett. Club players Bubbles and Brendan Maher also.

Hego is a better player per se but other than that flick he does off the ground his hurling is fairly average. His left hand side is very very poor. Its the fact he is 6’5" and can cover 12km a game joined together with his decent right hand side that makes him so effective.

Finn, Quaid, Gillane, Hannon, Tom Morrisey, DOD, Casey, CON are all far more skilful than Hego.

2 Likes

Lol

1 Like

You were on about actual “hurling”. Hego is at best 9th more skilful player on that Limerick panel.

Subs Reidy, Adam English, SOB are definitely more skilful.

Much maligned club player Ronan Lynch also.

1 Like