2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Who said I was speaking about Clare?

KK & Cork only teams I see eventually catching Limerick out

Joe trying to make point above. It wasn’t any tactical change by Limerick that changed game it was the tactical change/negativity from galway that did.

6 Likes

Yep.

Galway gameplan allowed Nash & WOD to burst back into the game and show was over then.

Limerick outscored Galway by 1-18 to 0-6 after that early Galway burst. An awful pity Galway couldn’t extend that 6 point lead a bit further to really test the Limerick resolve. They must have felt deflated enough only going in a point ahead at the interval after doing most of the hurling. Plenty there for Kilkenny and Clare to take encouragement from though.

1 Like

The other semi has only two teams Harry.
Kk and Clare.

KK or Cork….

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if Clare can do it but I stand by my statement above

I heard him at the start on the way to the pub. He was bemoaning the fact that James Owens wasn’t letting it flow at that stage. John Mullane was trying to suggest afterwards that this was Limerick’s 6th final in 7 years. But it’s their 5th in 6 years by my reckoning. They haven’t lost one yet.

1 Like

If you give Limerick extra man, they just play through lines with ease.

1 Like

Did you travel up to the semi-final mate or are you waiting for the final like a shrewd Kerry football follower?

1 Like

Painfully obvious but KH is bulletproof.

Yep. You MUST push up and be relentless. Limerick are way to slick at moving the ball. Galway actually had them in serious bother in the first half.

Limerick needed to be beaten by us in the Gaelic Grounds.

2 Likes

They’re very very impressive.
As you said, exceptional players, great panel, management and setup.

It’s a pity some dark arts are being used at times.
Quaid’s knee taking & twice today Casey held a Hurley in the tackle which Cummins pointed out correctly.

They aren’t winning games by being cynical but I don’t think they need to be doing it either.

2 Likes

A fairly common retort throughout the championship unfortunately. We were saying the same after seeing Dublin in the quarters a couple of weeks ago.

1 Like

Great teams have an edge/are cynical. If Cork were at it, it not bother me in least.

11 Likes

Does KH need to tell Eanna Murphy not to puck it down on Kyle Hayes?

1 Like

Are Liam Sheedy & Eamon O’Shea the men to get a tune out of Galway?

Shefflin may learn from his Galway term but he is lost up there. He seems to have gone away from what Galway do best which is hurl with a bit of abandon as opposed to negativity seen today

They actually started making these changes with 5 mins to go in first half…trying to be too smart Vs Kiely…as JK said after the game he left them figure it out themselves…now that’s good, mature, confident management

1 Like

Takes years to get to the level of physical power and comfort with handpassing etc that limerick are at. You need long term vision and patience and a leader willing to stay the course.

Money made Dublin competitive but it took Jim Gavin going for standards to drop. No sign of kinnerk going anywhere.

2 Likes

Reality for Galway is that they will need Daithi and P Mannion to play for another 5 years while they try to build a new team out of the last 4 or 5 minor groups

2 Likes

Ah it’s easy say that when they’ve won by 9 points.

Kiely is far more balanced since he became a multiple All Ireland winning manager.

He’s comments after Wexford beat them on his first league outing were entirely different. Blaming all and sundry.

But fair play to him. Keeping any group that hungry isn’t easy.

4 Likes