2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

No I thought he gave too many frees for fuck all, particularly in the first half

2 Likes

Dam near HOTY this year but wonā€™t get it. Unbelievable consistency

He did very well to allow the advantage for Gillanes first goal. I thought he did fine overall. A few things here and there. But itā€™s an impossible job.

1 Like

I thought he was dreadful and gave phantom frees to both sides but I am open to being influenced by @Batigol roaring at him throughout like a rabid dog.

4 Likes

Gillane will walk hurler of the year. If Limerick win

1 Like

He will. But if Dan isnā€™t at least nominated* Iā€™ll go buck ape

*if we win

Gillane is excellent. But the ball him and Flanagan get in is almost unbeatable. Itā€™s always in their favour.

Kinnerk could go in Monday and demand a million a year to continue and theyā€™d have to pay him.

Erra I know but its a tough gig. His advantage for Limericks first goal was good and I dont think he made any crazy decisions to be fair

He didnt influence the result either.

Agreed to an extent. But Gillane makes bad ball look good. He has a savage knack of catching ball from behind a defender. He is strong as an ox as well then and can have a defender pushed around behind him as heā€™s landing. Heā€™d be very hard to do anything with really when the ball is coming in. Thought he was criminally under supplied today for a lot of it.
But Galway had sweepers in front of him so it was hard pick him out

Gillane is the genuine marquee forward that we were craving for, for years.

Low or high ball it doesnt matter. Generational talent in fairness to him. Conor Whelan is the exact same but he is not feed as often with quality ball.

His goal in the first half half was a thing of beauty in terms of timing.

1 Like

What are you on about you absolute weirdo? Robbing elderly? george floyd,? Where are you getting this stuff? Is it voices in your head?

He is basically unmarkable this season

Great phrase.

And great prediction.

1 Like

I personally love watching Patrickswell hurlers in croke park.

4 Likes

He did daithi up like a kipper but daithi owes us nothing. But he seemed to lose track of where gillane was for the wrong split second and thatā€™s all he needed.

We fell into the same trap tipp and others have previously against limerick . Forgot it was 70 minutes and were fully spent by 40. Half forward line were young and raw and fell apart, very hard to expect all to last but when Conor Cooney is the only viable option. Johnny Glynn might be coming home I gather. Is there twenty minutes in him. Thatā€™s probably the wrong direction though.

2 Likes

Lads, much and all as I love this current Limerick team and think they are awesome, today was as much about Galway being shite. They literally downed tools. The puck out strategy was fucked out the window to the extent that we didnā€™t even close up for the short one for much of the second half. They may as well not have played a half forward line.

2 Likes

Heā€™s unreal good. His emergence on the scene with the U21 winning team of 2017 was a game changer. Went from a sub on that team at minor level in 2014 to the marquee forward on the senior team in a short space of time. Thereā€™s a strong argument that Limerick would have been knocked out in Munster without him. Just a consistent source of scores that any great team needs. No coincidence that his first proper year senior in 2018 yielded the start of this Golden Era for Limerick.

2 Likes

Tipp dodged some hole opening today lets not forget that, best achievement of Cahills managerial career so far was avoiding it.

2 Likes

Daithi Burke is a warrior. An incredible defender. If anything in that instance he didnt blackguard Gillane like a Cleary maybe would. Credit to him. Credit Galway too, its hard to fathom how their hurling dropped off so much when the 2nd goal didnt go in, in the 31st minute.

Limerick came good thereafter , likes of Darragh Oā€™Donovan won and hurled a heap of ball. Dan Morrissey too was winning everything at the back.

Eannas puck outs ended up being a bit of a disaster as well

2 Likes

Still better than Cark and Tipp