2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Dan Morrissey is something else. I remember him as a post grad in UCC barely able to make the Fitz panel, his hurling was so limited. But through sheer hard work he’s turned himself the best conditioned athlete in the game and an All Star standard hurler.

16 Likes

He put two beauties into Kyle’s hand running away from him

Nickies lenses are almost as infamous as the tactics board

I’m stuck for a name of a horse at the moment and I’m going to call him Nickys lenses

5 Likes

I haven’t read the 600 odd unread posts but Quaid’s gamesmanship in slowing things down with a pretend injury when Galway were 6 up was just Limerick all over. So fucking professional. Orchestrated even to the point that Cummins was able to tell us who had ran onto the pitch with instructions for the half forward line.

Gillane might be an absolute tramp but he’s a joy to watch. Just pure natural talent all over. The only thing that’ll stop will be himself and doing something stupid.

Shefflin looked to have shit the togs a bit by trying to protect a lead rather that try to bury Limerick when 6 up. He’ll never get the KK job with that attitude.

Twas a great game for the first 25 mins. The outcome was obvious well before half time. Hopefully tomorrow’s game serves up something a bit more interesting

The same way they lost to westmeath presumably

1 Like

He is genuinely the best we have ever had. Joe arguably was better for a pure reaction save, but on every other metric, including game management, Nicky is tops.

2 Likes

An incredible hurler. Nothing bothers him. Goes under the radar completely but goes about his business the right way, every day.

Never any fuss. Just wins the ball and passes it on to the next player in a better position.

It wasn’t a collapse, it was rope a dope. Galway shot their load early and limerick moved up through the gears. Just like Mayo and Dubs last week. Only Tomorrow and a potential dub/Kerry final can save the summer .

There was more than one occasion when Owens held his arm up at waist height to indicate he was half playing advantage, it’s not something iv ever seen a ref do at that level before and shows that he wasn’t really up to the task at all I thought. Either tis a foul or it isn’t, to have your arm half raised is laughably poor stuff.

2 Likes

There was a pleasingly generic nature to this Galway GAA year. Everything about it was generic.

A romp through the early stages in Leinster.
Loose talk around Galway of winning the double.
Then a failure to beat Dublin in Dublin.
Then a late capitulation against Kilkenny in the Leinster final, an unimpressive win over Tipperary in the quarter-final before yet another semi-final defeat to Limerick where the manager’s tactical limitations were brutally exposed, and the team effectively downed tools, with the careers of a couple of small, nippy forwards ruined.
The manager will probably be dispensed with.

It doesn’t get any more generic than that.

The footballers’ year was very generic too.
Yet another win over Roscommon in Roscommon, another Connacht title without beating Mayo.
Going well until one key defeat puts the whole show off the road.
Comer gets injured.
Shane Walsh returns to being a fancy dan.
Mayo put the kibosh on them.

Again, pure generic Galway.

It’s great entertainment when a team behaves in a generic manner.

1 Like

Ah look he was poor for both teams at times. The game is lacking really strong, good refs at the moment to be honest.

I’d credit him with trying to let the game flow a decent bit though.

I’d say the way the game is played at the moment makes it almost impossible to referee. But if I was a supporter of the most physically powerful team the game has ever seen I’d certainly be happy with a referee who tries to let the game flow.

One of the best goals you will ever see in fairness

There isn’t an ounce of character in the Quaids

You don’t see anyone from Galway coming out with that scutter in fairness. Everyone has great time for Galway people and their hurling tradition.

The “premier view” yokels might need to reconsider their name. Useless cunts.

7 Likes

Limerick are great and all that but they get away with murder with their tackling and “physicality”. Lead up to 2nd goal today a prime example

The thinking of a modern hurling fan. The days of Deane and McGrath in the 2 corners are gone it seems.

1 Like

Tisnt RTE he is working for

1 Like

Tis fierce sad all the same what they’ve done with the game