2023 Club Championships

Update for @peddlerscross on the BOICMC. Slaughtneil played Naomh Eanna yesterday in Abbotstown. The Derry champions came out on top 3.19 to 4.12. It was Slaughtneil’s first run out with the full squad available since exiting the football with the added bonus of Se McGuigan coming on late in the game for some action. McDonald and Dunbar gave the Slaughtneil backs a good work out.

4 Likes

The Naomh Eanna boys were in Manchester last week and actually told me about this ‘practice match’. cc @Aertel220 i had to pull them up on it and say its called a Challenge Match.

Thats a good workout for Slaughtneil. Is Shane McGuigan going to play Hurling at all this year? They wont be winning any All Ireland without him.

1 Like

A sense of inevitability about proceedings in Walsh Park already.

Sarsfields looking in vain for a way to just get the ball up the field.

I thought Sarsfields were going to run the legs off these pensioners in the Ballygunner backline?

Sars are fucking shite

1 Like

Very predictably so. Awful showing

Some poor Sars wides will hurt them.

Christ that’s a horrific wide.

They’re running the legs off themselves trying every cul de sac they can find atm.

Walsh Park in November a very heavy pitch to be trying to run the legs off anyone.

Tough on them. Big step up from the Cork SHC.

8 Likes

After reading @Perez2017 waxing lyrically about how the split season was seemingly rising all club boats in Cork, this is a really poor showing from Sarsfields.

1 Like

Wet rain in Walsh Park

Some dive

SOKy is probably still the best keeper in the country

4 Likes

This has been the longest 11 minutes of a second half I’ve ever watched.

2 Likes

That was a run of the mill save for him but he’d have sone highlight reel. A savage shot stopper

I’m in attendance. Half time. Really good game of football. Peter Cooke and Kieran Molloy with the last two scores of the half with two bombs from distance off the outside of the foot.

No Sean Kelly for Moycullen today.

Moycullen 0-6 Corofin 0-7

3 Likes

Cork crowd lowering the blade now.

I’ve never heard of the surname Nodwell before.

1 Like