2023 Club Championships

2 wins

I remember Glen Rovers beating Patrickswell by 1 point in a Munster semi final maybe 6 or 7 years ago. What was the other one?

Last year

Wait no they lost to ballyea

I had it in my head that Sarsfields had won one against a Clare side around 15 yrs ago but googling it it looks like one win since 2010

Imo Corofin are slightly different in that the old guard have moved on, they have new leaders in liam silke, Dylan Mchugh, Dillon Wall & Kieran Molloy and young players who have come through.

Yes they were on a big one alright. I was somewhat surprised but they didnt know by then that Ballyhale were going to be gone and Leinster blown open.

If they knew then what they know now…

1 Like

Connacht is also much weaker than Ulster.

Maybe Brigids thanks to tradition could beat them.

1 Like

https://x.com/ballsdotie/status/1721247338813858292?s=46

Hadn’t seen a finish like that before in football.

You can forget about cork

A fisted goal & a soccer celebration :nauseated_face:

Edit : Palmed goal

Sounds like the great Mark Sidebottom in commentary.

cc @Cheasty.

On paper you’d have to say that Kilcoo don’t really match up too well to Scotstown. They don’t really have a midfield so Beggan could do untold going long.

Plan A for Kilcoo may involve getting Hughes x2 sent off.

Scotstown looked a busted flush when Glen Maghera ran through them for a shortcut in 2021 but between Monaghan’s renaissance this year and the addition of McCarron they’ll fancy this big time.

I assume it will be televised.

Thomas Niblock will be on duty I assume with Sarah Mulkerrins on the sideline

Apologies if this has been addressed already but who represents Kerry now in the Munster club?

Dingle. They won the club only championship. So barring a club wins the main championship they get the honour.

1 Like

Thought Lorrha would put up a better showing v Corofin.

Thanks.

So they run two championships.

And they get them completed in time.

Am I correct that the Limerick football final was only on today?

Correct, started in early July would you believe.

1 Like