2023 Club Championships

Were you at it? Heard Kilmoyley were poor and Crotta deserved it

Be some week in Kilflynn if they pull it off

You can look at different ways Julio

Kilmoyley were up 4pts with time nearly up and playing with the breeze, and should have closed it out but didnt, defended poorly and left crotta in for a goal who then stuck for 2 points, kilmoyley had a chance to equalise but made a poor attempt at it

On the other hand Kilmoyley goalkeeper made a few superb saves so Kilmoyley could have trailed by 10 rather than by 4 at ht.

On the round Crotta won it fair and square

They ll burn Kilflynn if they win the final! Herberts and Parkers be rocking

Crotta had savage hunger on the night

3 Likes

I was at Lixnaw v Ballyduff as well

Lixnaw won by 2 points but were streets ahead of Ballyduff in overall play

Some real touches of class from Shane Conway and his nephew Darragh Conway looks a fantastic prospect

Barry Hennessy is really getting a tune out of Lixnaw, they look hell bent on winning the championship

2 Likes

Me man tells me Na fianna footballers on training camp in Portugal

Be a lot of pressure on Crotta you’d imagine. Lixnaw are always dangerous in a final

Is it Ben O Connor over Crotta?

No Ben was over Ardfert and won no match for the second year in a row. Not a great return on the €250 a night you’d have to say. @kerry1891 who is over Crotta?

2 Likes

Crotta a local man - Brendan Mahony, Crotta to the core

who will be wheeled out for the up for the match special for the kerry senior hurling final Julio?

Lixnaw

• Paul Galvin
  • Eamon Fitzmaurice
  • Johnny Conway
  • Willie Allen ( he ll do a recitation)
  • Mark Foley
  • Eamon Cregan

Crotta

• Dick Spring
  • Harry Laide
  • Sonny Egan
  • Mike Parker
  • Denis Brosnan
  • Paudie Fuller ( son of Stephen Fuller, former crotta hurler and Ballyseedy survivor)
4 Likes

A fairly novel final in Kerry. Not bad from Barry Hennessy in his first year.

Crotta will be ate alive in the final looking at Buff’s snaps.

It’s amazing when you look at the geography of the hurling clubs in Kerry; all the traditional clubs within 15km of each other or thereabouts.

Isn’t Kilmoyley part of the same parish as Causeway or share a parish with another team?

I’d love to tip down to the final; maybe in a couple of years when the kids are older

Away from Broadway, the BOICMC continued over the weekend.

Sarsfields of Galway backboned by the Cooneys, accounting for Na Fianna of Dublin yesterday.

However Darren Morrissey picking up a Shoulder injury could be a big blow. @Bod95 takes his injury news very seriously so i felt i had no other choice but to inform the forum.

6 Likes

Well well well top of the morning to you sir on this beautiful day.

Couldn’t care less pal I’m only concerned with my own club and our county championship.

Hope you enjoyed yesterday, I know you travelled up to witness history and we did not disappoint

1 Like

We missed you on here last night.

1 Like

Ah twas pure useless though

Fundamentally useless? :rofl: