2023 Club Championships

KK coming like a train. They won the senior b semi 6-27 to 0-10 in a grade where most teams could beat each other for last few years. Their opponents in final had two of their better players straight red carded.
Kilcormac have been underachievers up to now, only winning county titles I think. They’ve lost a few in the last while, having been favourites. Once they start winning, they won’t be beaten for a while. Not sure it’ll greatly help Offaly as the standard elsewhere is mediocre.

How would their 2nd team fare at Sen A if promoted?

They’ll a few All Ireland Clubs, I’ve no doubt. That will lift the tide in Offaly if nothing else

That semi result came out of the blue. If you’d asked me this morning I’d have said they would possibly escape in a relegation battle.
That result would suggest they’d be comfortable q finalists, possible semi. There are 10 senior teams. 2 groups. Winners into semis, next two into quarters, 4th safe and bottom 2 into relegation final.
Second teams have never won second grade title since I moved here. Better off that way
Smallest parish in county, Clareen or Seir Kieran, lost relegation final, but their long stint at senior will probably be saved by KK winning senior B.

2 Likes

Good to see Lacey buying into the Kilcoo vs The World mentality.

I take it thats the ex Cuala player? Missing Ciaran Clarke is a massive loss and there has been a lot of other injuries recently so to get to the semi-final is progress.

Christ that sounds woeful.

That’s him alright. A great fella. He was saying Clarke was a huge loss alright.

Was at the first round robin game against Cushendall and they toyed with Ballycastle and won well. There were 5 players that played today vs Rossa that were missing for that game vs Cushendall so Ballycastle will be stronger in the semi final, Hopefully they at least get tore into them and make Cushendall work for it. And it needs a strong ref appointed who doesnt listen to the Cushendall ref, Neil McManus.

1 Like

Pat Gilroys Vincent’s straight into the Dublin SHC semis. It’d be just like the driven cunt to win it out. No game for 4 weeks so expect a lot of appearances on the BOICMC in the coming weeks @peddlerscross if they can find suitable opposition willing to play

1 Like

An update on the final group games in the Dublin SHC.

Lucan had already secured top spot here and a semi final. They had a bye this weekend. The important game here was between neighbours Kilmacud Crokes and Cuala to see who came 2nd/3rd. Crokes had a facile enough win on a scoreline of 2-23 to 0-16. Crokes look to be motoring well and have designs on bigger things. Cuala are a pale shadow of their former selves. They lack a cutting edge up front. The other game between Whitehall and St Brigids finished a draw. Both teams have relegation finals to finish out their season.

In group 2 St Vincents, Na Fianna and Ballyboden had all already qualified for the knock out stages but the running order had to be sorted. Vincents had a very easy win vs Faughs on a score of 3-26 to 1-13. In the other game Na Fianna overcame Ballyboden 3-16 to 1-16. A first half sending for Boden being the turning point. Liam Rushe was a 2nd half sub for Na Fianna after being away travelling. These results meant there was a 3 way tie on the top of the group with a mini league between the 3 deciding the placings. Vincents top the group and now have a 4 week break to a semi final while Ballyboden are 2nd and Na Fianna 3rd.

This now leaves us with two good quarter finals to look forward to in a fortnight. Cuala vs Ballyboden which is a battle between two teams whose best days are possibly behind them. The other quarter is a repeat of the last two finals. Kilmacud Crokes vs Na Fianna. Crokes have came out on top both times and are in good form. Donal Burke being out for Na Fianna is a huge loss for them.

7 Likes

Everyone of those lads is the child of a Muldoon. No dub hurls

Your man that ended up on the ground.

In to give the selector a dunt and by God did he get his answer :joy:

Nasty scenes all the same. No sideline should ever be getting involved

1 Like

It’ll fly under the radar somewhat but Slaughtneil seem to be absolutely purring in the small ball this year.

11 in a row in Derry wrapped up with a 20 point win and Chrissy McKaigue unused/Shane McGuigan sitting in the stand.

They’ll be gunning for Dunloy in 11 weeks time.

@farmerinthecity

1 Like

Is Moran gone?

I would be so sure. Setanta hurling club staunch heart of Ballymun, muldoon connections be a bit scarce in that set up

I’d guess Graham would be doing Solans old job.Holding Andy’s hand.

2 Likes

There we go pal.A good move in my opinion,if we don’t improve this year we could show Moran the door and appoint Graham as manager,maybe that’s the plan.

Now if they’d put as much effort into sorting out the underage structure rather than giving every job going to The Cap I’d be delighted.

1 Like